have I use for this?

Started by Boothill Bob, September 03, 2012, 07:42:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boothill Bob

Howdy pards.
A friend of mine have a strange stithingmachine that he want to give to me. Is it something I can use?
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

outrider

That is  shoe stitcher  it will probably work for sewing the main seams but will not work for flat work
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Slowhand Bob

A very weird machine, in deed, it almost looks like they made it sideways!   :-\

Slye

I think that is a shoe sewing machine not the best for saddle maker

so long

RIO
Rio CORONADO & Slye BUFFALO
SASS LM 89201 & 89200
NRA  20764786

"Saddle Maker"
La Sellerie du Thymerais
selleriethymerais@orange.fr
www.selleriegb-28.com

FRANCE

Boothill Bob

I have a flatbed singer, this may be good for mainseem.
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

GunClick Rick

You can always make saddle shoes ;D ;D

Bunch a ole scudders!

Massive

You may want to determine whether it sews a chain stitch or not.  Some of the sole machines are chain stitch machines which sew a single thread in such a fashion that the whole seam can be unzipped like the end of a bag of rice.

This looks like your machine around a 1/3rd down, December 7:

http://www.thehcc.org/cgi-bin/discus/show.cgi?4/1184

Might help:

If Pedersen is Danish you should have some luck finding a #6, one of the holy grail heavy stitchers, the guy in the thread, who is from NZ found two in one month!

GunClick Rick

It just amazes me that some one figured out a machine to actually do these things.I used to drive the old shoe repair guys here crazy,there was one old italian guy and i would always bring something in there to see if he could fix it,mostly so i could just go in and hang out and listen to him talk,i was always hangin around Main Street wore boots all the time take them in and get them redyed and polished if they would do it,i have a pair of Urban Cowboy boots i have had forever,had them redyed one time,Tony Lamas well broke in and comfy,that video brings back old memeories...The old i talian guy had a stuffed skunk in the window,now who would'nt want to hang out with an italian guy and a stuffed skunk~~ ;D
Bunch a ole scudders!

Qball

If it's for free and you have the space?
Just say "Thank You" and haule it home,
if you pass on it i bet you that you will need one just like that with in 6 month  ::)
WartHog
SCORRS
SootLord
STORM

Slowhand Bob

Stuffed Skunk, is the wifes pet name fer me, wuz I there?   :D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com