38spl vs 45LC

Started by Stew, August 12, 2012, 08:38:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman1

I shoot several different calibers also Curly. For single day matches I will shoot 45 Colt, 44/40's or one of each. On multiday shoots I use my Nickle plated Uberti 357's. My wife just gave me a '73 in 357 mag so now I can swap that out with my 45 Colt.  I have a pair of Thunderers, one is 44/40 and one is 45 Colt, when I use those I have to be careful loading. wM1
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Old Top

Wildman,

Curly do not like the one true caliber (44-40) but he does pretty well with the 45s and 38s.

I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

wildman1

I knew he was a pretty good feller, cause he's friends with Allie Meaux.  ;D  wM1
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Mean Bob Mean

I have had some "Buscadero, short barrel only .38" guys bad mouth my 1860 Conversions, Money belt and slim Jim setup.  So, yes there does seem to be a bit of mouth flying about on all sides, I personally don't care about it because guess what . . . I do what I like, and enjoy it. 
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Blair

Mean Bob,

I have seen the "bad mouth" come from both sides of this coin.

While I try not to be judgmental of what others do or don't do, many of my postings are very history heavy. And that puts me on the BP history side of things for the most part.
I think the sad part of this is the animosity that seems to occurs as a result of the two really rather different disciplines within what should be the same organizations.
CAS City.com seems to do a pretty good job of trying to help both concepts.
That is why I like being here!
My best,
Blair
A Time for Prayer.
"In times of war and not before,
God and the soldier we adore.
But in times of peace and all things right,
God is forgotten and the soldier slighted"
by Rudyard Kipling.
Blair Taylor
Life-C 21

Slamfire

What Blair said!!! ( And well said)

Hootmix.

Mean Bob Mean

Quote from: Blair on October 06, 2014, 02:52:05 PM
Mean Bob,

I have seen the "bad mouth" come from both sides of this coin.

While I try not to be judgmental of what others do or don't do, many of my postings are very history heavy. And that puts me on the BP history side of things for the most part.
I think the sad part of this is the animosity that seems to occurs as a result of the two really rather different disciplines within what should be the same organizations.
CAS City.com seems to do a pretty good job of trying to help both concepts.
That is why I like being here!
My best,
Blair

Could not agree more with your perspective.  I think a little levity amongst our brethren on such topics goes a long way to settling any dust.
"We tried a desperate game and lost. But we are rough men used to rough ways, and we will abide by the consequences."
- Cole Younger

Dan Gerous

I shoot a .38/.357 Ruger New Vaquero because well, .........I like it! and for me, this is a fantasy that's why I enjoy it! I also do 1770's and Lewis and Clark re-enactments. I like to tell people that while we strive to be authentic, we drive to the event and we leave out things like smallpox and green meat. That's what I call selective re-enactment!
All growed up and still playin' Cowboy!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com