Rowdy Fulcher

Howdy
At least there is a couple of us around .    ;D ;D ;D

Forty Rod

Quote from: Rowdy Fulcher on August 08, 2012, 09:34:42 AM
Howdy
At least there is a couple of us around .    ;D ;D ;D

Dogs?   ::)
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Coffinmaker

Phew!!  I was concerned everybody ave up playing with Henry(s)

Coffinmaker

cactus joe

coffinmaker, as Major2 said "dog days", but its more then that ,it's hot humid dog days. This has been one of the hottest summers ever and it's been keeping me off the range. In fact my club preisident asked me where i've been lately, and i told him FISHING! So i've got about 300 .45colts loaded ready shoot off as soon as things cool down.

dusty texian

Howdy Pards. Kinda new to this .Noticed not much talk now days. I have been inside hiding from the Heat ,also . Shining on my Leverguns and loading for the good times to come . Got the itch .Think I will head out to the range early in the morning . Dont want those 76 s to get rusty .

hammer1

I have a few more weeks for a cast to come off, starting a new job, and the accursed heat. Its the hottest July on record in the area. I have a stock pile loaded up, and cant wait for it to cool.

Coffinmaker

Just shot my "Trapper" at Guns of August.  Had a ball.  A little 16" barrel Henry draws some strange looks. 

Coffinmaker

Major 2

I bet that is a sweet handler,  I have a 1980 Date Code 22" Carbine (they called it ) in 44/40 .

I bought it new, sold it in 88 and bought it back in 08 or 09 from the guy who bought it from me.
He had it 20 years, shot it once in SASS, cleaned it and put it away in a safe.
when planets align...do the deal !

Coffinmaker

Yep.  16" Henry is a real sweete.  A 22" should be pretty cool too.  Henrys ROCK!!

Coffinmaker

PS:  They don't belong stuck away in safes.

Slowhand Bob

I currently have my old 44-40 cc/blue one but hope to one day obtain one of those short barl ones in 45.  Figuring that with the Cowboy45special carrier and ammo one might can stuff enuff rounds in the tube for a full stage load of ten?  Any one have any idea where Uberti came up with the barl length shorter than can handle most ten round loads?

Coffinmaker

Yep.  Navy arms wanted something different.  Specified 16 inch barrel in 44-40.  Uberti built 'em.
I bugged Maria Uberti and Lisa at Uberti USA for several years to get the boys in Gardone to build me one in .45 Colt.  One day out of the blue they called me and said they had TWO, did I still want one.  Ship it, said I.  As far as I know, there were only two 16" Trappers in .45 Colt ever built.  I have one and wish I knew who had the other one.
Mine is now a " Transitional" with a Kings Patent side loading gate and a Adarondack Jack carrier for C45S cases with 160Gr bullets.  It now holds 11 rounds and is a pure gas to p,ay with.

Coffinmaker

El Coyote

Trying hard to track down a Uberti 1866 so I can join the Henry Club.  It has been kind of lonely here as I research different models.

Slowhand Bob

I could swear thet I recollect one Henry meeting that description, 16" .45C, being sold on the SASS Wire Classifieds a spell back.  Wanting one was actually on my radar at the time BUT as is frequently the case, funds were not available at that time.  Not sure about the numbers but will try and check the sites to see what they have to say?  Abilene might jump in on this one as he is frequently current with the Uberti information?

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com