Improving Stage Safety

Started by ventura, September 20, 2005, 12:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Missouri Marshal

Lady......No Talking......yea right ;D
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

The Arapaho Kid

Hey!  I'm cuttin' the new shooter all the slack he needs!  I'm tellin' him he has to train his ear to hear what's necessary and to ignore the idle chatter. Che-wa-wa!  Let's get back to the Cowboy Way here and help the new sidekick out! Gettin' nasty ain't gonna solve anything!

Derby Younger

Just one question here. Has anybody ever gone through Quiet tactical training??

Micheal Fortune

Well our bunch is usually pretty quite while a new shooter is shooting. 
Everyone is watching for safety related problems, where they are hitting the target, equipment issues and so on, so these things can be discussed after they are shooting to help them on the next stage.

When you get to be a decent shooter they they are loud, in your ear sometimes yelling things like "faster" "don't miss" and general razzing.  Trust me, you look forward to the day your posse is razzing you.

I don't think anyone in your group is trying to upset you, or make you do badly.  They are just doing what they have always been doing.  Pretty soon you will be doing the same thing...... ;)

Saloon Keeper, Gambler, Shootist
Sun River Rangers Shooting Society / SASS 60159 / R.O.-1 / SBSS 1685 / G.O.F.W.G. 89 / RATS 58 / KGC 4 /

Badlands Walker

I have found if you can get them horses to slow down quite a bit, that with improve Stage safety! 

Mustang Gregg

I was gonna say somethin' here.---But Annie Lee done said it first.
Dang, she's good!

Background talkin'?---It's somethin' ya gits used to.

MG
"I have two guns.  {CLICK--CLICK}  One for each of ya."
  BACK FROM AFGHANISTAN!!
"Mustang Gregg" Clement-----NRA LIFER, since '72-----SASS Life & Territorial Governor-----GAF #64-----RATS #0 & Forum Moderator-----BP Warthog------Distinguished Pistol 2004------SAIROC & MMTC Instructor-----Owner of Wild West Arms, Inc. [gun shop] Table Rock, NE------CASTIN' & BLASTIN'!!!!
www.wildwestarms.net

ventura

Well I certainly did not expect this level of response and I must say I am grateful. Let me clarify something I did a poor job expressing initially. if you recall I said within earshot. My point is regarding those within close proximity re:  5 yards or less. I did not intend implying people shouldn't enjoy conversation while a shooter is shooting, just do it away from the immediate area. Besides, isn't seeing our friends what this is all about.

And yes, in time I hope to  learn to block out background noise.

Regarding technical tactical functional training, well, that was a lame attempt to sound like an idiot and I obviously did a great job !

Make it a great day.

Ventura

Keep your nose in the wind and your eyes along the skyline ......     

...  _/)   _/)                    ......    _/)

The Arapaho Kid

Quote from: ventura on September 21, 2005, 06:20:31 PM
Well I certainly did not expect this level of response and I must say I am grateful. Let me clarify something I did a poor job expressing initially. if you recall I said within earshot. My point is regarding those within close proximity re:  5 yards or less. I did not intend implying people shouldn't enjoy conversation while a shooter is shooting, just do it away from the immediate area. Besides, isn't seeing our friends what this is all about.

And yes, in time I hope to  learn to block out background noise.

Regarding technical tactical functional training, well, that was a lame attempt to sound like an idiot and I obviously did a great job !

Make it a great day.

Ventura:  Here's a little something to try to train you ear.  Get into a room full of people who are all talking.  Now train your thoughts and your ears on only one person.  Listen to that person only. Disregard the rest.  As you listen to that person talk, the others will sort of fade away and that's where you want to be.  Keep doing this for a few times...pretty soon it will come automatically.

As we travel along our ears are trained to hear everything.  We have to retrain them to hear only what we want them to hear.  When you get your ears trained and you beam in on something...all the rest will be white noise in the background.

Ventura

Calamity Jane

Badlands Walker

Missouri Marshal

Quote from: Calamity Jane on September 22, 2005, 04:42:55 AM
Quote from: Missouri Marshal on September 21, 2005, 08:13:16 AM
Lady......No Talking......yea right ;D

Hey Marshal, com'ere WHACK!

Ouch, hey that hurt :'(But then again, so does the truth ;D(MM runs and jumps on fast horse and gits quick, he may be stupid but not crazy)
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com