Rifle Jam

Started by Badlands Walker, September 19, 2005, 06:56:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Badlands Walker

I took my two new Hartford guns out Sunday & did some shootin'.  The EMF Winchester Carbine jammed on me twice in about 30 rounds.  Is this normal for a new gun, cuz it is very stiff & I did try some rapid fire with the lever action & thought perhaps I didn't get the cycle complete before pullin' the trigger, thus causing the jam.  Is this possible or should I have the carbine looked at?

Much obliged.

Slim Silver

In what way did it jam?

Badlands Walker

Both times, the shell got caught going into the chamber when I quick checked the lever.

Arcey

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Badlands Walker

Yes Sir.  It's an EMF Hartford 1892 Carbine in .45LC

Arcey

A '92 has to be treated like a hard-ta-please woman.  Ya gottah slam it 'round.

Ya look at the one I used ta use yer gonna see the lever is bent.  I retired the thing.  Others are easier to get along with..
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Badlands Walker

So it's typical of this model?  Should I have it looked at at a gunsmith or just break it in first?

Arcey

Shoot a few more boxes thru it before ya take it to a smith.  Work it like ya mean it.

The Arapaho Kid

Ah yes!  Rifle Jam!  It's great on toast in the morning!

Badlands Walker

The Arapaho Kid

Quote from: The Concho Kid on September 20, 2005, 12:43:55 AM
  "Now that's funny"!

Winchester Rifle Jam is the best with the most flavor.  Colt and Remington are ok, but Winchester is much gooder!

Badlands Walker

Marshal harpoluke

Have a Winchester in 357 da 92 likes to cycle at a certain speed any faster or slower it jambs. :-[
SASS 60019L
NRA Life
CASS
Muckraker
Straight Shooter
Army Veteran
GOFWG#269
LASOOS#35s,
Lookout fur da sheep, packs a 10ga.,
Ya loot, Ah Shoot,
Lord of the Dark Soot,
Prayer Posse,
GoofBall #12

Joyce (AnnieLee)

Quote from: Arcey on September 20, 2005, 12:01:30 AM
A '92 has to be treated like a hard-ta-please woman.  Ya gottah slam it 'round.

Ya look at the one I used ta use yer gonna see the lever is bent.  I retired the thing.  Others are easier to get along with..

Arcey didn't really say that, did he? Did he?

< Reaching for the skillet>

AnnieLee

Unrepentant WartHog
Heathen Gunfighter
Pepper Mill Creek Gang
RATS
and
Wielder of "Elle KaBong", the WartHog cast iron skillet
Nasty Lady

Arcey

Never tried beatin' on one with a skillet, Annie.  Might werk but I'm thinkin' it could be hard on the wood.  That'll be a shame 'cuz they're prolly the best lookin' rifles out there.

Badlands Walker

I agree!  I think the 92' is the finest lookin' cowboy rifle there is! ;)

Four-Eyed Buck

CK, I'd try running that thing a little more. Short stroking a '92 will result in a jam. Try to get used to the works a little more and see if it doesn't work in a little. If not, Nate isn't too far away from you..........Buck 8) ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

The Arapaho Kid

Reggie here!  I say, old chaps, my toast is up.  Would one of you be so kind as to pass that jar of Rifle Jam?

(I'm sorry fellers!  I couldn't let "Rifle Jam" go by without making a few funnies!)

Marshal harpoluke

Quote from: The Arapaho Kid on September 20, 2005, 11:12:19 PM

Reggie here!  I say, old chaps, my toast is up.  Would one of you be so kind as to pass that jar of Rifle Jam?

(I'm sorry fellers!  I couldn't let "Rifle Jam" go by without making a few funnies!)

;D

Too many puns N Ya'll be doomed to eternal Punisment.  heh, Heh, HEH! :D
SASS 60019L
NRA Life
CASS
Muckraker
Straight Shooter
Army Veteran
GOFWG#269
LASOOS#35s,
Lookout fur da sheep, packs a 10ga.,
Ya loot, Ah Shoot,
Lord of the Dark Soot,
Prayer Posse,
GoofBall #12

The Arapaho Kid

Quote from: Marshal harpoluke on September 21, 2005, 01:30:23 AM
Quote from: The Arapaho Kid on September 20, 2005, 11:12:19 PM

;D

Too many puns N Ya'll be doomed to eternal Punisment.  heh, Heh, HEH! :D

Puns are excellent for breakfast with butter and Rifle Jam on them! ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com