Stoeger...Bad info from retail dealer

Started by rod locker, July 15, 2012, 06:21:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rod locker

I was at a Bass Pro Shop looking at purchasing a Stoeger Coach Gun to use in CAS events.  The salesman told me the guns came with ejectors and was not SASS approved unless they were worked on.  This can't be right is it?  Thinking I was talking to someone who did not know much about the guns or CAS. 

Pettifogger

Gee, that's unusual.  The pimply faced little bozo that's never fired a gun made a mistake?  The Stoeger Coach Gun has an EXTRACTOR.  It is one of the most popular doubles in CAS.  Go to Dick's or Sportsman's Warehouse, they are usually a lot cheaper than Bass Pro.

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

Is this still the rule?

"Any side-by-side or single shot shotgun typical of the period from approximately 1860 until 1899 with or without external hammers, having single or double triggers is allowed. Automatic ejectors are allowed on single shot break action, lever, and pump action shotguns ONLY. Side-by-side shotguns may not use automatic ejectors."
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

El Coyote

Quote from: Sir Charles deMouton-Black on July 15, 2012, 07:07:19 PM
Is this still the rule?

"Any side-by-side or single shot shotgun typical of the period from approximately 1860 until 1899 with or without external hammers, having single or double triggers is allowed. Automatic ejectors are allowed on single shot break action, lever, and pump action shotguns ONLY. Side-by-side shotguns may not use automatic ejectors."

From what I have read is yes that is still the rule. But ejectors are not the same as extractors. Extractors pull the shells out making them easier to be unloaded by hand. Ejectors push the empty shells out meaning you can pop shells out hands free. 

Forty Rod

Quote from: El Coyote on July 15, 2012, 10:17:56 PM
From what I have read is yes that is still the rule. But ejectors are not the same as extractors. Extractors pull the shells out making them easier to be unloaded by hand. Ejectors push the empty shells out meaning you can pop shells out hands free. 

Ejectors are usually easy to disengage or disconnect.
People like me are the reason people like you have the right to bitch about people like me.

Longshot Lil

The person you talked to at BPS doesn't know that they are talking about and as such should shut up or find someone else to help you.  I have a Stoeger Coach and it's totally legal for CAS.  It has extractors, NOT ejectors!

Danny Bear Claw

My Stoeger is a 20 bore.  I got no complaints.  Had it for years.   8)
SASS #5273 Life.   NRA Life member.  RATS # 136.   "We gladly feast on those who would subdue us".

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com