Hey John Boy, new bullet lube recipe

Started by Pulp, July 10, 2012, 09:43:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pulp

I made up a batch of bullet lube a couple of nights ago, equal parts of beeswax and mutton tallow, plus a secret ingredient that only you and I would know about.  I panlubed some Mav Dutchman .44s with it last night.  

They are slicker than a petroleum treated Bubo virginianus fecal bolus.

Now I've got to get some loaded up and see how they do.

Downside: it sure stinks up the house when you're melting the mix!
2004  Badlands Bar 3 Four States Champion, Frontiersman
(I was the only one there)

WWCAS (World's Worst Cowboy Action Shooter)

hellgate

My lube is 50/50 beeswax and deer tallow. Last fall my brother & I got two nice, fat does and I just couldn't see toss ing all that back fat suet so I rendered. It is a nice firm lube. So far, so good. No other secret ingredients.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Pulp

Hellgate, do the birds and bees really tell Clifton Clowers if someone is approaching his daughter?  I just noticed you're from Wolverton Mountain, so I figger you oughtta know. ;D

john boy

Pulp,  never thought of using the secret stuff with mutton & beeswax.  Is the fecal bolus hard or soft?  ;D  Seriously?
Regards
SHOTS Master John Boy

WartHog ...
Brevet 1st Lt, Scout Company, Department of the Atlantic
SASS  ~  SCORRS ~ OGB with Star

Devote Convert to BPCR

hellgate

Pulp,
I just did to someone else what you just did to me. I sold my Walkers to a nice fellow in Thibodaux, Louisiana and I asked him if he knew Doc Milsap and his pretty wife Hanna (From the Jerry Reed song Amos Moses). He said no so I apologized and told him I was pulling his leg and he got it when I sent him the lyrics. Well, what goes around, comes around and you just got me back! Touche`, no apology needed.  ;D
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Pulp

Quote from: john boy on July 10, 2012, 10:10:46 PM
Is the fecal bolus hard or soft?  ;D  Seriously?

While I have examined owl pellets (regurgitated undigestable remains of things eaten) I've never really paid any attention to products from the other end of the owl.  I suspect, like most birds of prey, it would be sorta runny and mostly white.  Probably not suitable for bullet lube. ;D

The pellet really surprised me.  Whoda thunk that the primary food source for a Great Horned Owl was bats.  I found it near a gypsum cave, don't know if the owls caught the bats at night in the air, or went into the cave during the day and plucked them off the ceiling

Concerning the secret ingredient, I figured what the heck, it's primarily oleic acid, which is also in olive oil.  I'm currently out of .44-40 brass, so I'll have to shoot some up for reloading.  Maybe this week-end.

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

There is/was a synthetic grease called STOS.  The initials mean "Slicker Than Owl S..t"
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Cuts Crooked

I make/use the same thing that Hellgate does, 50/50 bees wax & deer tallow. It works great and will stay good on the shelf for years.
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com