Car accident

Started by hammer1, July 08, 2012, 07:59:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer1

Well folks, looks like I will have some time on my hands to read. Was in a car accident last night, broke my femur, and cracked some ribs. The problem is Im self imployed, ( plumber). So things will be tight for a while, guess it could be worse.

Major 2

Sorry to hear that,   :(
WISH you the best and speedy recovery
when planets align...do the deal !

hammer1

Thank you sir, The leg isnt bad, but, WOW, I forgot how painful ribs are. The worst part, 8 to 10 weeks of doing nothing. I can reload and work on guns and such, but thats it.

wildman1

Very sorry ta here ya had an accident, heal quickly. I know how busted ribs feel not good. WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Roosterman

Bad deal, something like that would put me out of business for good. :'(
www.fowlingguns.com
Known to run with scissors from time to time
Citadel of Sin Social Club

hammer1

Thanks kindly fella's, the ribs are really tender today. Its gonna be a rough few weeks, the Mrs. just wants me to get better, and worry about the money later. Easier said than done, but there really aint a choice. I guess just keep faith in the lord, and just get through it.

Rowdy Fulcher

Hammer
Were all thinking about you , and your in our prayers .

Qball

I feel your pain, crashed my motorcycle and broke my collarbone and a few ribs some years ago.

I have one tip for you,

don't catch any cold.  ::)

Hope you get better soon.
WartHog
SCORRS
SootLord
STORM

Silent Joe

Sorry to hear, Pard. Prayers for a quick recovery.

Slowhand Bob

There was a time many many years ago that I considered my own small business but (with input from the missus) opted for the safe route and went with a big company, partially for the security.  You took the brave route and I really hope the set back will be small and all works out for you.

hammer1

ive been bouncing off the wall already. I have literally loaded every cartridge case I have , I have 400 rounds loaded for duck season. I have 800 rounds of 45 colt loaded, and 600 rounds of 45-60. Ive cleaned every gun prbably twice. Slowhand, my wife has been pushing me to take a position as a supervisor for a very large company in the field Im in. It probalby wouldnt be a bad decision.

mtmarfield

Greetings!

Hang in there! Keep us posted!

M.T.Marfield
                   7-21-12

hammer1

Well folks, Slowhand got me to thinkin, and the accident helped also. I took the offered position as a supervisor that I had on the table. Benefits, good salary, and some stabilization. Gonna start the end of August.

Rowdy Fulcher

Hammer
Congratulation on you new job . Now if you can slip a little shooting in before you start back to work .

hammer1

Rowdy, The ribs feel much better, I have the doc , wednesday, so Im gonna try for a clearance to go inhale some gunsmoke. My family doc is a shooter also, he's very cool, and Im definitely fiending.

Grizzly Adams

Life is just full of interesting twists and turns.  Sounds like things are working out very well for you.  Best of luck. ;)
If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you can read this in English, thank a Veteran!
COMNAVFORV, NRA life, SASS Life, TG, STORM Rider #36.
GAF

hammer1

Thanks Griz, I guess I had a bit of a life changing incident

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com