Tang sight

Started by hammer1, July 02, 2012, 04:55:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hammer1

Well gents, I called Buffalo Arms, the gentleman I spoke with said the only company making a tang sight is under contract with the military. So, no tang sights for the 76, any suggestions?

Marshal Deadwood

The military is using Winchester '76's now ? ummm

hammer1

Deadwood, I couldnt make it up, the gentleman at buffalo arms told me the maker, who ever it is, is under contract with the military. I kinda scrathed my head also. I still have a friend in and the , military is from what he told me, downsizing. He has to mandatory retire. But, thats neither here nor there, it still doesnt answer the question, why cant they get a tang sight for a 130 plus year old rifle?

larryo_1

Hammer:
I got curious and checked with Buff Arms and they do have Marbles tang sights for the '76.  That is what I have on my rifle and it works just fine.  If this would be to your liking they are there.
When in doubt, mumble!
NRA Endowment member

hammer1

Larro, Im new to these rifles, Im really just interested in a tang sight. The Marbles would be just fine, what screw set would I order with the sight for my Uberti? I appreciate the help

Rowdy Fulcher

Howdy
Wonder if the Military is using the 45-75 ???  ;D ;D ;D

larryo_1

Hammer:
Can't rightly remember but were you to give them a call to order that Marbles sight just tell them what you have and they can send the proper screws with the sight.  Good people to deal with.  their owner shoots with a cousin of mine and I have talked with him on several occasions.
When in doubt, mumble!
NRA Endowment member

hammer1

Thanks alot Larryo, Im gonna call tomorrow. Rowdy, if the military went back to a more substantial round, maybe folks would do the expected thing when they were hit

bowiemaker

I just ordered a Marbles tang sight for my 73 from Buffalo Arms and they had those in stock.
NCOWS #3405   RATS #612

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com