Green River Rangers Co. B June 30 shoot called off.

Started by Tjackstephens, June 28, 2012, 11:12:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjackstephens

WBKO in Bowling Green has 104 for Saturday. That's just too hot to have fun shooting. Fearful that someone might get down from the heat. The shoot is called off. We will make it up at a later, cooler time. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Cash Creek

Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

Tjackstephens

Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Cash Creek

If I stay home Saturday my wife will be wanting me to do (this is a bad word)  :o work..I have her thing Saturdays are for shooting ONLY..guest I will dress in my Cowboy stuff and go set in the park all day...  ;D CA$H
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

Cliff Fendley

Bowling Greens range is like sitting in the park, personally I was thinking a nice shady spot like that was the perfect place to be on a hot day.  :(

Cash, if you want to drive to Louisville Bowiemaker and I are probably going to go shoot somewhere, I had plans to shoot Saturday so I'm shooting rain or shine  ;D
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Cash Creek

Cliff ...thanks for the offer, I think you find more shine then rain..I'm going to the WSSC Saturday and do a little work early be home by 10 am..CC

Tjackstephens

Heat record broken today in Bowling Green 110 degrees. WBKO is now saying 109 for tomorrow. . I think I did the right thing. Tj

Ima Sure Shot

There is no doubt you did the right thing T.J.  It is dangerous out there.Celeste

Cliff Fendley

That sure is hot, my boy is going to Tennessee to stay with his Aunt the next couple weeks. I think she was saying it was pushing 110 there. May be too hot for them to be out showing horses but hopefully this weather wont hold out long.

Not sure what it got in Louisville today. I worked out until about 3 and came back to the shop. Thermometer at the shop said 105 and the one up town in LaGrange said 104.

At least there has been a slight breeze and low humidity the last couple days cause I've been on an open cab tractor much of the time. I think the humidity is only 47% so the heat index isn't much more than actual temp I believe.

I think the humidity is supposed to creep up this weekend so it certainly would have been a hot shoot.

TJ, are you going to be able to find a make up date or will it be the next fifth Saturday? We were sure looking forward too it, that is a great place to shoot and good people.

Johnson County Rangers

Tjackstephens

Cliff, The next fifth Saturday is a no go. It's our Stephens Breeders Annual Hunt and Meeting. I will see if there is some one that will hold it for us. We will make this shoot up on a fourth Saturday. Second and third Saturdays are out. But the next time the weather is better on a fourth Saturday. Tj

Cliff Fendley

Johnson County Rangers

Cash Creek

Tj & Cliff:

How do you tell it's Saturday???? Every day is Saturday to me..  ;D

Cliff Fendley

Quote from: Cash Creek on June 29, 2012, 09:34:25 PM
Tj & Cliff:

How do you tell it's Saturday???? Every day is Saturday to me..  ;D

You lucky dog >:( ;D

Johnson County Rangers

Tjackstephens

Cash, You're asking how do you tell it's Saturday to guy who thought the fifth Saturday was in July. Tj  :D

Cash Creek

What do you mean toooooo hot to shoot..it's ONLY I say it's ONLY 104 at noon..   :D I bet it don't get much over 110 or 115 today..  ;D

Cliff Fendley

Well it's only 100 here but let me tell you it don't take many black powder loads to get a Henry barrel so hot you can't hold it  ;D

If we had shot today I'd a had to wear leather gloves.

Johnson County Rangers

Books OToole

The KVC shot yesterday.  Of course it only got to 99.  Relativly cool.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com