Author Topic: Beginning CAS guns  (Read 18343 times)

Offline Red Cent

• Top Active Citizen
    • Red Cent Custom Leather
  • Liked:
  • Likes Given: 0
Re: Beginning CAS guns
« Reply #40 on: September 23, 2012, 01:46:27 PM »
Cowboyjared, you are seeing the surface of the game. I can say be careful of "cool". Usually it will not work. Like the big loop. Some style points but wll not compete. Now if you simply want to enjoy poppin' some caps, rubbin' shoulders with the rest of us cowboys and cowgirls, I can totally appreciate that.

I am not aware of any of the top shooters or the top 20 shooters in each class using the conversions or the '92. I am not aware of any top frontier cartridge competitors using the onversions.

Your holster rig is just as important as your firearms. SASS is the only gun game I know where you reholster during the stage and sometimes on the run. You need to check it out. Those cheap soft rigs that you have to hold open to reholster will work but kinda slows you down ::).

If I were to start cowboy today (on a budget) I would get two NM Vaqueros in 38, a Marlin in 38, and a 97 pump. If I had to choose a double, the old style Stoeger would be it. Check with the shooters to see which ne provides an unobstructed path for two shotgun shells.
I would suggest you attend some shoots and ask a bunch of questions. Watch the fast and accurate shooters and what they have for competition.

I am very competitive. But no one has had more fun in cowboy than me.

Life is too short to argue with stupid people and drink cheap booze
McLeansville, NC by way of WV
SASS29170L

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk

© 1995 - 2023 CAScity.com