Show Off Your Non-Cowboy Stuff Here

Started by Marshal Will Wingam, June 25, 2012, 08:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KidTerico

BB beautiful job. Love the inlay. A ++++++++++++  KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Boothill Bob

Thanx KT. I've learned by a pro... You.. I built up some under the inlay with some 3-4oz leather so it don't looks flat..
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Kendoo Kid

Live vicariously through yourself. you will have more fun that way.

Red Cent

OK. Here is a couple of attempts of creating a holster. The welt always gives me a problem. I hope when I get the Consew lube, it will quit skipping stitches or grabbing leather. These are somewhat odd ones that I have experimented on. I'll do better. Promise.

Here is a cute number in basic black. The curve of the holster is intentional. BIG welt in front.
Life is too short to argue with stupid people and drink cheap booze
McLeansville, NC by way of WV
SASS29170L

Red Cent

I call this the Brick. Blocky look. Something different is the 3-4oz leather in the front. Kinda like the small stitch on this one. Carries the 1911 well but it is very accesible.

SASS29170L

Red Cent

Something a little different. Should have used heavier leather and covered the front just a touch more. Not enough retention in this one. I like the look. Trigger guard very accessible. Very quick for a reholster.

SASS29170L

Red Cent

SASS29170L

KidTerico

Red Cent its a good start. Keep at it and it keeps getting better and easier. KT :)
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Marshal Will Wingam

Beautiful work, Henrik. I particularly like the inlay work. Thanks for the pics.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Bugscuffle

It's looking pretty good Pard. I know exactly how you feel about the quality and improvement rates. just keep at it. I'm sure it will get both better and easier.
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Like Will points out, great job on the inlay pard, and the holster rocks, thanks for the look see.... ::)

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Marshal Will Wingam

Very interesting stuff, pards. I haven't done much with the main seam in the front. Sounds like it could have its uses.

I'm merging these posts to the non-cowboy thread so they don't get lost later on.

Massive

Cool holsters there, like the Hackathorn vibe.  I have been working on Yaqui Slides.  As others have said, they are harder than they look.  The mold is in the first one I made, and it is pretty good.  The second one I worked out some problems in, but the sewing was not nice, too crowded.  I hope the run of three I am working on turns out.

I know the story on Yaquis, at least after they left Guatemala.  I wonder though, whether the cowboys had anything similar.  There were very smilar devices for mounting rifles to the pommel of the saddle.  Anyone have any info?

GunClick Rick

Quote from: Boothill Bob on May 28, 2013, 12:36:52 PM
Howdy all..
I have just made me a Avanger holster with rattlesnake inlay for my 1911.. Making some small stuff that I can
handstitch while I´m waiting for my Cobra C4.

That's a dandy Bob!!!Nice inlay ! :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

Marshal Will Wingam

I like the Yaqui slides, Massive. They're very simple but I can see how the stitching could get cramped. LOL, the one with the stamp on it could almost be considered 100% coverage.

Johnny McCrae

Here are two more I just finished. They are for the Gent who recently had me make a Holster for his Ruger .22 Semi-Automatic.

Again Home Brewed Walnut Dye followed by Neets and Skidmores. The loop on the small l Holster is sized for a 1-5/8" wide Belt and the insert allows a 1" wide Belt to be used.

Now it's off to the 2013 NCOWS Nationals in Evansville early tomorrow morning .
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Marshal Will Wingam

That Mexican Loop is 1800's technology used for a modern piece. Looks good. The little one is nice, too. The color is good on them. Nice work.

hillbilly tim

That loop holster is nice, really cool for the modern wheel gun too. the small gun would get lost on my belt, as I'm a little hefty a feller. Sure love the color your dye turned out, what top coat did you finish them with??

Bro Tim
Pistol Packing Preacher
Bro Tim
The Pistol Packing Preacher

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Will & Tim,

Many thanks for the kind words. Again I wanted to do something different but he wanted this style and look.

Tim, I soaked the Holster in Home Brewed Walnut dye for around two hours followed by two coats of Neet's Foot Oil and lastly two coats of Skidmore's Leather Crème ( www.skidmores.com ). We finally got some sun up here so I let it dry outside between coats. You must let it dry thoroughly after dyeing before doing any finishing.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Nice job Johnny, it looks great, nice color too. ::) :o 8) ;D

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com