GREEN RIVER RANGERS COMPANY B

Started by Tjackstephens, June 13, 2012, 03:44:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjackstephens

I HAVE ABOUT MESSED UP!!  Was thinking that July has five Saturdays. June has five Saturdays. So the Green River Rangers will be shooting the fifth Saturday of June. That will be June 30th at the Green River Gun Range just outside of Bowling Green, KY. Sign up at 9am and shoot at 10am. Bring something to eat and drink. Shoot under NCOWS rules. We shoot in the shade. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Cliff Fendley

TJ, If you remember we were talking about this at the Nationals but I'm usually the one wrong so certainly wasn't going to question you. Just when I think I have things in order my wife usually straightens me out so its taught me not to question things like that :D

Will try and make it down.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Tjackstephens

Cliff, You wasn't the only one. For some reason I was sure it was July. Tha's not the first time I've been wrong though. Sure hope you do make it. We will try to have a good time. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Tjackstephens

Next Saturday June 30 is the day.  It may be hot, but we will be shooting in the shade. Bring plenty of water and plan on having fun. See you at the Green River Range. Tj

Cliff Fendley

Hey TJ, My wife might be coming too, she shot at the JCR 22 shoot last week, she loved it and she seems excited about shooting her first real match.

She will likely be shooting a Scholfield too! Thought you might like that  ;)

Now I'm rushing around here trying to get her a holster and belt done before next week. It might be done just not dyed or oiled yet.

Johnson County Rangers

Cash Creek

Tj; 

I'm still working going to Green River   :D ..told them it would be best time for the Grandson birthday on Sunday  ;D Not Saturday.... Saturday is just to busy for a birthday party...  ;D CA$H..
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

Tjackstephens

Hope to see all three of you at Green River. Cliff, What caliber is the Schofield? Tj

Cliff Fendley

TJ, it's 44WCF, she wants to shoot my 73 short rifle in 44 also.

Are they going to shoot Range Detective? If so that's probably what I'll shoot.

Johnson County Rangers

Tjackstephens

Cliff, Yes we shoot Range Det. 44/40 great caliber. My favorite. I may shoot black. See you. Tj

Cliff Fendley

I will be shooting black so you wont be alone.

I will probably shoot Range Detective in a pistoleer style, cap and ball Remmy 44's and a 66 in 44WCF.  ;) ;D

See you guys there.

Johnson County Rangers

Cliff Fendley

TJ, did you write the stages or know what they are?

I'm curious if there is a way of finding out if there is any reloads on the pistols for Range Detective. Might determine whether or not I shoot cap and ball pistols.

Johnson County Rangers

Tjackstephens

Cliff, No reloads on revolvers. Think there are two reloads on rifle.  We will take it easy and might have some heat breaks. I will bring a cooler with water and gator aide.Tj

Tjackstephens

Cliff, At the saloon on the pistol rack, working cowboys may reload if they have a miss and knock all the racks down. Tj

Rowdy Fulcher

Jack
I got the weather report for Saturday . It's perfect a HIGH of 75 degree's  and NO RAIN in sight .  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Tjackstephens

Rowdy, I think the no rain is correct. With a report like that, we will have every cowboy shooter in KY. IN. TN. and IL there. They won't want to leave either. Tj  ;D  ::)

Cliff Fendley

The bad thing is the weather wasn't far off from that yesterday and it supposed to be 102 here tomorrow. Not sure about Bowling Green Saturday but I'm sure it'll be warm.

Johnson County Rangers

Rowdy Fulcher

Cliff
Bowling Green has several Caves in the area , so all the cool air  keeps  that area Cooler in the summer . ;D ;D ;D

Tjackstephens

WBKO in Bowling Green has a 104 for Saturday. That's just too hot to have fun shooting. I am calling the NCOWS shoot for Saturday June 30 off. Sorry, but fearful that some one might get down from that much heat. We will make it up at a later, cooler time. Sending e-mails out. Jim'Texas Jack' Stephens    Tj

Rowdy Fulcher

Texas Jack
Have you ever thought about having a Plainsman event ??? You could break out your Trapdoor .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com