Any Mason's here?

Started by joec, June 06, 2012, 05:39:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joec

Ok guys I have a Mackey's Masonic Ritualist book with a property of original owners name and dated Dec. 16th, 1886. The book has 611 pages, I think it is leather bound, about 3.25" W x 5.625" H x 1" thick. This was left in a storage space along with many other books from the 1800's. If anyone is interested or has any information on this please either PM me or email me. I would scan it but afraid it might damage the pages as it is still readable completely and in fare shape however it is at least 126 years old. Now I know nothing about Mason's other than what I've read in novels or seen in movies.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

Quote from: joec on June 06, 2012, 05:39:14 PM
Ok guys I have a Mackey's Masonic Ritualist book with a property of original owners name and dated Dec. 16th, 1886. The book has 611 pages, I think it is leather bound, about 3.25" W x 5.625" H x 1" thick. This was left in a storage space along with many other books from the 1800's. If anyone is interested or has any information on this please either PM me or email me. I would scan it but afraid it might damage the pages as it is still readable completely and in fare shape however it is at least 126 years old. Now I know nothing about Mason's other than what I've read in novels or seen in movies.

Search "Hirams Rangers"
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

joec

Joe
NCOWS 3384

Dutch Limbach

joec,

The NCOWS Nationals are going on right now. There are many Masons attending the shoot that might interested. You might want to BTT this next Sunday or Monday.
"Men do not differ much about what they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable."
-- G. K. Chesterton

"I guess when you turn off the main road, you have to be prepared to see some funny houses."
-- Stephen King

PJ Hardtack

I've considered joining the Masons from time to time, but like Groucho Marx said - "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member."   ;>)

Custer was a Mason, I believe.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, I won't be laid a hand on.
I don't do these things to others and I require the same from them."  John Wayne

joec

I did take some pictures mostly at random.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

joec

Here are a couple of more and these are cut down due to loading size.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Tjackstephens

I am interest. Sent you a PM. Tj
I will be gone to the National the rest of the week though. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

joec

Quote from: Tjackstephens on June 06, 2012, 06:59:48 PM
I am interest. Sent you a PM. Tj
I will be gone to the National the rest of the week though. Tj

No problem TJ and I answered you PM. I can't make the Nationals due to having to keep my business open through Saturday. If they would make these thing more to the middle of the month I could close but too close to the beginning of the month due to my flow of business.  ;)
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Cash Creek

Joe: 

I also sent you a PM Thursday.. CA$H
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

joec

Quote from: Cash Creek on June 07, 2012, 03:51:41 PM
Joe: 

I also sent you a PM Thursday.. CA$H

I got it Cash and responded to it. I've contacted the local Mason Lodge (hope that is what it is called) to see if their is a value on it. Either way I'm planing on donating it to one of the NCOWS Mason groups if their is more than one and let them decide what to do with it. I'm not looking to sell it but will donate it. I'm also wanting to research the person who wrote the section in the beginning of the book and so far he might of been a judge in the Kentucky/Iowa areas but not real sure yet as to having the right person.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

Cash Creek

Joe,
Thanks for sent me the book, I will take it to the lodge tonight..the picture shows why I'm a Mason and a Shriner...Maybe some day we can shoot together..
Thanks again CA$H...
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

wildman1

Quote from: PJ Hardtack on June 06, 2012, 06:28:58 PM
I've considered joining the Masons from time to time, but like Groucho Marx said - "I wouldn't join any club that would have me as a member."   ;>)

Custer was a Mason, I believe.
As was G. Washington. WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Texas Lawdog

Bro. WM, You can holler "MASON" around Cascity and you will get a yard full.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Itchy Triggerfinger

And was I . . .  I have two verboten Lightfoot's manuals.

Itchy Triggerfinger

Is it like the "Lightfoot's Manual". I have two of them if anyone is interested.

Texas Lawdog

SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

Itchy Triggerfinger

I will PM ya.  I wanna keep one.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com