Started by Duke Henry, May 17, 2012, 05:16:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Henry

PLEASE REMBER EVANSVILLE IS ON CENTRAL DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME

Meals will be avilable at the cook house Thursday thru Saturday times are
Breakfast 6:30am-7:30am
Lunch 11:30am-1:30pm
Supper 5pm-7pm (not saturday night)

And now for what you have all been waiting for....

MONDAY JUNE 4TH
SHOOT THROUGH DAY 1
SIGNUP/START 9 AM

TUESDAY JUNE 5TH
SHOOT THROUGH DAY 2
START TIME 9 AM

WENDSDAY JUNE 6TH
MIDRANGE SHOOT
SIGNUP 7 AM
START TIME 8 AM
LUNCH AT NOON
RESUME AT 1 PM

JUST FOR FUN
WENDSDAY NITE TIME TRAP SHOOT SIGN UP 730 pm  SHOOT just after sunset
this is just for fun no score will be kept $3 for 10 birds we can shoot till 1030pm so come and have fun.
Great warm up for thursday night scoring shoot!

THURSDAY JUNE 7TH
SIDE MATCHES AT COWBOYTOWN
SIGNUP START 730AM
START TIME/SAFETY MEETING 8AM TIL 1PM OR WHEN EVERYONE IS DONE
NITE TIME COWBOY TRAP
SIGNUP 730 pm START just after sunset
THIS TIME SCORE COUNTS AS RECORD
we can shoot till 1030 pm $3 for 10 birds proceeds go to jr members events of WSSC

FRIDAY JUNE 8TH
MAIN MATCH DAY 1
ODD NUMBER STAGES
SIGNUP  7 AM
OPENING CERIMONY AND SAFETY MEETING  9 AM
SHOOT START AT 10 AM
LUNCH AT NOON RESUME SHOOTING AT 1 PM
45 COLT  CHAMPIONSHIP SHOOT
START TIME  5PM

SATURDAY  JUNE 9TH
MAIN MATCH DAY 2
EVEN NUMBER STAGES
SAFETY MEETING  9AM
SHOOT START 10 AM
LUNCH AT NOON RESUME SHOOT AT 1PM

AWARDS DINNER AT 6 PM

NRA LIFE
COL. BISHOPS RENAGADES
WESTSIDE RENAGADES
REDBRUSH RADIERS

Johnny McCrae

Howdy Duke,

This schedule of events is very helpful.

Many thanks for all the hard work you are putiing in. The NCOWS Nationals is always my favorite event of the year.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Duke Henry

Jonny,
Thankyou, I do enjoy the challenge and of course seeing everyone is the best part.
Duke H
NRA LIFE
COL. BISHOPS RENAGADES
WESTSIDE RENAGADES
REDBRUSH RADIERS

Pancho Peacemaker

Should we cancel the movie night?  (No hard feelings if we do, it'll be less stuff for me to pack)

The schedule looks pretty tight already.

The only time we might fit it in is after the Colt 45 Championship.  If that runs 2 hours (could be 3), folks will want to eat dinner afterwards (another hour to 90 minutes), so that means the movie probably wouldn't start till 9 or 10 and run till 11 or midnight. 

That's pretty late for a bunch of folks who've been outdoors shooting all day.l

Let me know what you want to do.
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Dutch Limbach

Thanks Duke. I've put a copy of the schedule on the NCOWS web site for the convenience of folks who aren't registered here at CAS City.
"Men do not differ much about what they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable."
-- G. K. Chesterton

"I guess when you turn off the main road, you have to be prepared to see some funny houses."
-- Stephen King

OklaTom

Quote from: Dutch Limbach on May 17, 2012, 09:08:41 AM
Thanks Duke. I've put a copy of the schedule on the NCOWS web site for the convenience of folks who aren't registered here at CAS City.

Might be good to post the round count too, so folks will know how much ammo to bring.

http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/index.php/topic,42973.0.html
"I druther have a pocket full of rocks than an empty gun..."

OklaTom@att.net

Dutch Limbach

Good idea. It is now included.
"Men do not differ much about what they will call evils; they differ enormously about what evils they will call excusable."
-- G. K. Chesterton

"I guess when you turn off the main road, you have to be prepared to see some funny houses."
-- Stephen King

Cash Creek

Worked at the gun club today, Banjo and I are putting a roof on the Mine Car shooting and unloading area going to have a little shade and protection from the rain.... going to set the post Friday..if we have time before the National we are going to add a boardwalk.. CA$H
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

Cash Creek

The weather forecast for next weekend starting on Friday..over night lows 55 highs in the low 70's now lets hope it stays that way for the week of the National.. You guys that are camping bring your long underwear..CA$H  ;D
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

Cliff Fendley

It's going to do what it wants and as always one just needs to be prepared. It's more likely to be on the hot side but I'm actually going to have a hard time holding back a laugh if I hear people complaining about it being cool after moving it back up a week because of the heat last year.

And if anyone thinks moving the date up a week would make the difference you obviously don't know anything about the weather in these parts.

If you look at the average temps for Evansville for the first three weekends over the last 10 years it's 88 degree average high for all three weekends. The last weekend in June is only like one degree different. So the bottom line is no matter when in June it makes no difference on the weather in Evansville, it's just luck of the draw. Last year it was hot during the Nationals and all of June, then July rolled around and was comfortable.

The thing is you never know what the weather will be in the Ohio Valley Louisville and Evansville area in the spring. We keep jackets in our trucks until well into the summer because you never know when you'll go out to work and find yourself working out on a cool day.

Fortunately we had a mild winter so it wont effect some of our school teachers end of year but the Nationals should be pushed back to the week we had it last year. Moving it up in June will make no difference in the temperature, it's just luck of the draw what you get.

http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com