New CFDA Cowboy Fast Draw Holster

Started by TwoWalks Baldridge, May 08, 2012, 06:31:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TwoWalks Baldridge

Well it has taken me awhile, not only to do the holster but I have been slow to post the pictures.

Began life as a Will Ghormley patter for the hand of God rig.  Made a few changes to arrive at what I wanted.

With no further adieu here it is.
When guns are banned, fear the man with a hammer

Jefro

Very nice work Two Walks. ;) As Quick Cal would say............."Hit Em Fast" Good Luck :)

Jefro :D Relax-Enjoy
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

TwoWalks Baldridge

Quote from: Jefro on May 08, 2012, 08:04:27 PM
Very nice work Two Walks. ;) As Quick Cal would say............."Hit Em Fast" Good Luck :)

Jefro :D Relax-Enjoy

Thanks Jefro, will be testing out tomorrow at a practice session.

Marshal Will Wingam

Nice, 2W. That's a good-looking holster. Good work.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

john beattie

And very nice it is too job well done

john ;)

TwoWalks Baldridge

Marshall Will and John, Many thanks!

Finished the belt last night, will post a picture later!

Johnny McCrae

Howdy TW,

Beautiful job! The workmanship is excellent. Looks very rugged, like it will last forever.

Many thanks for sharing it with us,
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

GunClick Rick

If you miss with the gun you can throw the holster at it. ;D These are ones i got a couple years ago,practice with them but never been to a shoot with them yet..Money,time,fuel,and a busted hip keep me from goin to Los banos whitch would be the closet for me.Sure would like to hear a report back on yours,they are very nice!! :)

Bunch a ole scudders!

KidTerico

TWB nice looking holster. Keep it up. KT
Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

TwoWalks Baldridge

Quote from: GunClick Rick on May 10, 2012, 11:08:25 PM
Los banos whitch would be the closet for me.Sure would like to hear a report back on yours,they are very nice!! :)

Rick, used the new rig at practice Wednesday and it worked really well for me.  Will be shooting in Oakdale tomorrow and some of the Los Banos tribe will probably be there.  Like your rig you got but son not so sure how well you would fair with that shootin iron.  ;D

Thanks KT, much obliged.

GunClick Rick

Actually got that rig from Greg,That bb Hahn is set up for fast draw but still pretty slow,i have another one that is pelletlTraded Greg a model 25 pump bb rifle for the rig.I sure would like to go fast draw,i have a couple Uberti Dakots that would hold out for awhile,slicker than a used Clinton cigar! Can't think of Gregs last name right now,dad burnit!
Bunch a ole scudders!

GunClick Rick

Quote from: TwoWalks Baldridge on May 11, 2012, 06:21:00 PM
Rick, used the new rig at practice Wednesday and it worked really well for me.  Will be shooting in Oakdale tomorrow and some of the Los Banos tribe will probably be there.  Like your rig you got but son not so sure how well you would fair with that shootin iron.  ;D

Thanks KT, much obliged.

Did ya draw some good times?That's all you can ask is for it to work good for the shooter,i wanna go bad..
Bunch a ole scudders!

TwoWalks Baldridge

Quote from: GunClick Rick on May 11, 2012, 09:14:32 PM
Did ya draw some good times?That's all you can ask is for it to work good for the shooter,i wanna go bad..

First pull using the new rig was 0.556 but averaged in the 0.600's.  Considering that I have been into this for 2 months and began pulling around 1.380, I think it is good improvement.  I figure that I will be pulling about 0.700's at the monthly shoot today.  :P

GunClick Rick

http://gunfightergulch.com/Gulch/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=23

Members of the club had a lot of fun with the Hahn and our special Fast Draw Rigs that I made from the Tandy Kits. They were special aluminum tubes, lined inside and out with about 3 oz. leather - mounted to an aluminum scabbard, also covered with 4 to 6 oz. leather (estimated). This held the holster solid on the hip, which was mandatory when in Fast Draw competition. Unfortunately, my last of these, very good holster and belt rigs was either stolen, or just lost, on our move from California to Oregon in 1996-7 - and I know of no other source of them anymore! It was an exclusive Tandy product - which, if I ever get around to it, I can produce again under the Three Feathers Brand. I certainly have the pattern well engrained in my mind!

Don't mean to stray,but i'd like to see Hugh make these holsters again,he is the one that did my bb rifles.

Good shootin :)
Bunch a ole scudders!

TwoWalks Baldridge

Quote from: GunClick Rick on May 12, 2012, 11:29:02 AM
http://gunfightergulch.com/Gulch/modules.php?name=News&file=article&sid=23

Funny thing, I just read the article this past Friday.

Had a great time shooting yesterday, even though I got the snot kicked out of me.  Best time for the day was .601.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

With quick draw comp. you will fined you will have some days better than others, the days I always did my best was when I didn't care if I won or not, guess that put me in a more relaxed state of mind, on those days I could do no wrong, so I guess what I'm saying is just relax and have a good time, and let the numbers fall where they will.

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

TwoWalks Baldridge

Quote from: Ten Wolves Fiveshooter on May 13, 2012, 01:58:07 PM
With quick draw comp. you will fined you will have some days better than others, the days I always did my best was when I didn't care if I won or not, guess that put in a more relaxed state of mind, on those days I could do no wrong, so I guess what I'm saying is just relax and have a good time, and let the numbers fall where they will.

tEN wOLVES  ;D

Truth in the written word:  At one session I can have 70% hits pulling in the high 5's and low 6's and the next session I will have 30% hits pulling at the same times.  Bewilders the mind ...  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com