Evil Roy SAA randomly skipping half-cock position.

Started by Capn Beeb, May 08, 2012, 02:29:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Capn Beeb

Hello!  I'm new to these great guns so hopefully I'm not missing something painfully obvious.

Last night I brought my gun down to watch a bit of TV and break in a holster.  Verified it was empty, put in some empty casings, closed it up, hammer down.  Went to unload it, didn't even put it down or change hands, and the half-stop position wasn't triggering.  The hammer would click once, first position with the hammer a hair away from the frame, bring it back to half-cock, and it would immediately engage the cylinder stop.  No free turning of the cylinder at all.  Hammer all the way back, gun locked up in the ready to fire position.  It was late, so I didn't want to fuss with it and make matters worse, so I put it away.

Got it out this afternoon, same issue.  I put a drop of Hoppes #9 down on the cylinder stop, worked the action a little bit, same problem.  Let it sit, give the oil some time to seep into the nooks and crannies, then tried again.  This time, the gun decided it wanted to behave properly, and settled in to the half-cocked position.  I haven't fired it much (sadly), and from what I can see it doesn't appear to be too terribly filthy.  I quick rub down with a rag and everything is back to normal. 

Anyone got an idea as to what would cause this?  And randomly at that? 

Coffinmaker

The gun is slightly out of time, causing it to lock up sooner than I should.  The hand, bolt, trigger and hammer need to be looked at by someone who understands the SA.  Or ship it back where you got it for warranty.

Coffinmaker

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com