Curiosity

Started by Spanish Marshal, September 07, 2005, 03:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spanish Marshal

Hi from Spain again:

During my vacations, I watched a titled movie "Crossfire Trail". The main character was Tom Selleck. In several scenes, the bad guy takes a great rifle, with an optic sigth and with a bolt "similar" like a mauser. With this rifle he carries out a shot at great distance and he kills the main character young friend.

I´m sure you know this movie, for that reason,  Could somebody say me the model/type and caliber of this rifle?

Thanks for your information and excuse for my bad english again.

Spanish Marshal
Warthog

"Buena suerte amigo"

Arcey

Marshal,

Yer english is a hell sight better than my Spanish..............

It was a Remington-Keene.  I read a good article on it once but I can't seem to find it.  Maybe someone else knows.

From memory, it was period correct for the movie and I believe it was a 45/70 or 45/100.

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Silver Creek Slim

It was a Remington Keene. I think it was first made in 1880. I know it was made in at least .45-70 Govt. Others may have more info on it.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Four-Eyed Buck

Yep, A remington Keene. I believe they were only offered in 45-70. I've actually got to hold one once. Bolt action, tube magazine. The one I held had a scope mounted on it, the mounts were offset to the left of the action. Neat old rifles and kinda rare......Buck 8) ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Arcey

Wish I could find the article.  It went over all the guns used by the major characters in the flick, including comments by Selleck and his insistance on using period correct firearms in his movies.  It was a good read, pics 'n all.  Next time I see sumthin' like it, I'll save it.

I guess maybe whoever was running the site has taken it down.  Reckon it could be old age too.
Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Four-Eyed Buck

Slim, I don't think that one was closet/tepee queen. Looks like it's seen the elephant..........Buck 8) ::) :o

Spanish Marshal

Hello  :)  folks:

Thank you to all you for your interest and your information.
      If at some time I can help you in something, please, you tell it to me, it will be for me a pleasure.

Spanish Marshal
Warthog

"Buena suerte amigo"

Four-Eyed Buck

Our pleasure, SM. If you have questions about any of the others in that movie, we'll be glad to answer them to the best of our ability......Buck 8) ;) ;D

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com