pattern

Started by Boothill Bob, April 13, 2012, 02:20:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boothill Bob

Howdy pards.
I wonder if someone have an autentic US/CS fullflap holster? Got a customer that want to buy a CS holster from me.
//BhB
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

WaddWatsonEllis

The CS holster that I really like is the one that is from David Carrico ... the method of closure of the strap makes a lot more sense than any other I have ever seen ... and then there is that stamp of "CS Arsenal Baton Rouge, LA." ..... a nice touch ...

http://www.carricoleather.com/militarybeltsholsters.html

I don't know if he might give out the pattern ... possibly to his inability (at the moment), he might sell the pattern as a 'professional courtesy' to a well respected leatherworker like yourself ....

TTFN,

My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Slye

What pattern and for what gun?
The more historical holsters don't have "CS" logo

:) :)
Rio CORONADO & Slye BUFFALO
SASS LM 89201 & 89200
NRA  20764786

"Saddle Maker"
La Sellerie du Thymerais
selleriethymerais@orange.fr
www.selleriegb-28.com

FRANCE

Boothill Bob

Slye. Its for Army 60 and Navy 51.. He wanted the CS stamp on it.. I belive it was more comon with the CS stamp
then the US, but I can have wrong. Maby our American friends knows..

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

WaddWatsonEllis

BB,

From about 1862 on, the South was broke or extremely limited in the issue of supples, including guns ... in fact, it is said that
'battlefiled donations' would often be a source of weapons and leather ... and as such, having a US belt buckle and US holster is not totally out of the realm of possibiliies ... although they would want to over-emboss a CS on it as soon as they could ... and scrounge a CS belt buckle ...

Another thought is that they were eating/sleeping/libing in the rain with their leather ... so it would not look all pretty and just issued ...

I don't know where you would find a 'proper' CS embossing tool ... I was going to add this but it seems you have already been there ... *S*

http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=22295
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

NCOWS #3403

Boothill Bob

Thanx for the info Wadd :) I got the stamps, just need the right autentic pattern.

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

outrider

BB,

Jim Simmons (Etowah Leather) has a very well done military flap holster.  Try to get a look at the pattern.  I may have a copy of the Ordnance Memoranda manual for that time period...
Outrider  (formerly "Dusty Dick" out of PA.)
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Boothill Bob

Will see if I find that Outrider.

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Slye

we have some differents  patterns, which can interesting to you
but how is the style you want?

:-\ :-\
Rio CORONADO & Slye BUFFALO
SASS LM 89201 & 89200
NRA  20764786

"Saddle Maker"
La Sellerie du Thymerais
selleriethymerais@orange.fr
www.selleriegb-28.com

FRANCE

Boothill Bob

Sly, I'm looking for this model.

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

outrider

Looks like the Jim Simmons pattern
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

outrider

Bob, that Simmons pattern is called the 1863 Cavalry holster pattern   #6000-62.  It covers the 1851 and the 1860
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Capt.Virgil Russo

Bob, I've worked with and for Swedes for 25 years and you're the only Swedish Cowboy I've had the pleasure of meeting, cyber or otherwise!  ;D
SASS# 93527
GAF# 772 Department of The Atlantic

Boothill Bob

Outrider, is there a website for the pattern?

Capt.Virgil Russo, some will be the first ;) We have a bunch of CAS shooters over here, allmost as many as on you club matches  :D

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

outrider

It used to be listed on the Hide Crafter website...but I don't see it in their catalog...they may have dropped it.
SASS #2353
BOLD #895
Custom Leathersmith
Ocoee Rangers

Arizona Cattleman

Bob, just saw this on Tandy's download site, could be what your liiking for.

https://www.leathercraftlibrary.com/p-1235-2691-percussion-pistol-pattern-pak.aspx

AC
SASS Member #86387
NRA Member
USCCA Member

Doc Hawkins

It's not too hard to make the pattern yourself.
I made a holster like that several years ago, but sadly it left me when I sold my 1860.
I'll see if I still have the pattern I made somewhere.

davemyrick

Point of fact gents, there was no official CS revolver holster pattern that was produced in any significant numbers anywhere except at the Richmond Depot. Very few known examples of it survive to date. They are simply put copies of the holsters in use by the Federals for the `51 Navy revolvers. The vast majority of exisiting documented CS holsters are of a civilian design and vary greatly. None would have had an embossed CS on the flap.

If anyone would desire an accurate pattern for either a Navy or Army holster, from the civil war, let me know and I will send one along. Both are drafted from original holsters in my private collection.

Dave

Marshal Will Wingam

Welcome to the forum, Davemyrick. It's nice of you to offer a pattern to the pards here. Looking forward to more of your posts.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

WaddWatsonEllis

Davemyrick,

Point of fact (or at least strong congesture) was that the South was pretty broke by 1862 ... and the on of the best suppliere of weapons was the Notrh through 'battlefield donations'. So it would not be out of the ordinary for a confederate cavalryman to ride by with a totally northenn (i.e. black) leather rig with a 'donated' Nothern Collt or Remington in the holster and a muzzleloading shotgun or rifle as it's partner ....

NCOWS #3403

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com