Movie Night at 2012 Nationals CANCELLED

Started by Pancho Peacemaker, April 10, 2012, 11:40:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pancho Peacemaker

Mansfield Slim and I put on a movie night at the 2011 Nationals.  

Anyone interested in doing this again?

If I get a few positive responses, we will bring the screen, projector, and audio equipment.

Also, if someone near Evansville could get a message to Duke:  we'll need the banquet hall reserved one night for this.  Last year we ran it from 7:30 to 9:30 pm.  Bring your own Popcorn.

Movies I'm thinkning about:

"3:10 to Yuma" (modern version)

"Outlaw Jose Wales"

or a new indie film called "The Legend of Hell's Gate".  (It's just being released . . . don't know if I'll have a disc copy by June.)
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Irish Dave

Pancho:
Really enjoyed the 2011 screening and would be interested in having it again.

For my money, I guess I'd prefer the Hell's Gate film if available. The others are great choices, but I've seen them multiple times. Something new would be a real treat.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Ol Gabe

Sounds like a lot of fun!
How about something NCOWSish like O.C.B.'s recent production? Haven't seen any posts indicating if it is done or not but that might be something to look into since Bill will probably be there. Just a thought.
Best regards and good viewing!
'Ol Gabe
NCOWS #925

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: Irish Dave on April 10, 2012, 12:46:31 PM

Pancho:
Really enjoyed the 2011 screening and would be interested in having it again.

For my money, I guess I'd prefer the Hell's Gate film if available. The others are great choices, but I've seen them multiple times. Something new would be a real treat.

Like alot of indie films, "Hell's Gate..." has been in release limbo for over a year.  It's in limited release around here at some of the Art House theaters.  One friend has seen it and really liked it.  It covers the "dentist years" of Doc Holliday, some of the adventures of the James / Younger Gang, and the local legend that John Wilkes Booth took an alias and hid near Ft. Worth in the 1870's. 

It is "supposed" to be in stores on DVD on June 5th.  We'll see what happens.

Here's the latest trailer:

NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."

Cutter Carl

NCOWS #3053
SASS #79783
Cracker Cow Cavalry - Florida's 1st NCOWS Posse
CCC - Marshall
Eagle Scout 1980

Tjackstephens

Sounds good to me. Can't be there Wednesday night though. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: Tjackstephens on April 10, 2012, 03:14:59 PM
Sounds good to me. Can't be there Wednesday night though. Tj

I'm thinking Friday night (between the main match days) would be good.

NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

John William McCandles

Sounds like a good time, count Sierra Sue and me in!

JW
NCOWS #1792
SASS #963
STORM #59
Johnson County Rangers
The Old West Players
Alpine Outlaws (Inactive)
NRA Life
NAHC Life
U.S. Navy Submarine Service Retired

Johnny McCrae

You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

Major 2

I'd prefer the Hell's Gate film too....
when planets align...do the deal !

Cash Creek

Pancho: 
I will see Duke Wed, I will get the word to him..also I will check with the club Saturday we have a work day at the Cowboy town that day..I think maybe we are going to paint the town red.. ;D  CC
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

Pancho Peacemaker

Thanks Cash. Let him know Ill bring all the equipment. Ill just need the banquet hall, chairs, and an extension cord. I think Friday night would be best. Probably start around 7:30. I'd be neat if we could find some popcorn and beer. 
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

Snakebite

Quote from: Pancho Peacemaker on April 10, 2012, 07:00:45 PM
Thanks Cash. Let him know Ill bring all the equipment. Ill just need the banquet hall, chairs, and an extension cord. I think Friday night would be best. Probably start around 7:30. I'd be neat if we could find some popcorn and beer. 

You cant have any alcohol in the banquet room.
We got an ugly warning from the ATF a few years back.
No alcohol in enclosed buildings even if you bring yourself.
The only way you can is to hire a liscensed bartender to serve it and its a private event.
You could have beer and any other alcohol if you had at the covered pavilion without any problems.
Something about a structure with enclosed walls.

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: Snakebite on April 10, 2012, 09:12:33 PM
You cant have any alcohol in the banquet room.
We got an ugly warning from the ATF a few years back.
No alcohol in enclosed buildings even if you bring yourself.
The only way you can is to hire a liscensed bartender to serve it and its a private event.
You could have beer and any other alcohol if you had at the covered pavilion without any problems.
Something about a structure with enclosed walls.

Well then, lets try some popcorn and Sioux City Sarsaparilla.  The G-men shouldn't have any frets with that.
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

Cash Creek

We could have a outdoors movie in the covered pavilion ..it has a lot of tables CC
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: Cash Creek on April 11, 2012, 04:25:59 PM
We could have a outdoors movie in the covered pavilion ..it has a lot of tables CC

Let's see how hot it is.  I think most folks really enjoyed the A/C in the banquet hall last year after those scorching daytime temps.

I would not be opposed to an outdoor cinema if they weather is moderate.
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life

Tascosa Joe

I guess you could put beer in a Coke can ;D ;D ;D  I have a superbowl story about that.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

River City John

Hell's Gate movie, for sure!
I'd trade adult beverages for air conditioning in an instant if the high heat is upon us.

Thanks Pancho.

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Steel Horse Bailey

I'll vote for Hell's Gate, too.

Regarding Bill's movie: Kansas Moon, the Last Hunt

It's not out yet, but Bill said that DVD copies should be out by June 1st, so if that happens, he and the discs will probably be there.  I don't know if it'll be Blue Ray or not,  (I know it is shot in HiDef) but with luck, we should have it there - and probably sell and get autographs, since quite a few cast members will be at the National Shoot!  Bill MIGHT allow it to be shown if you buy a copy, of course.  I don't know HOW that works.

More details will follow!

Thanks for volunteering to do this, Pancho!

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Long Juan

Well, I won't be at the nationals, but I am attending an Austin Film Society showing of The Legend of Hell's Gate this coming Monday evening.  That may qualify as half a loaf.   ;D
CAPT John (Long Juan) Soule
Texican Rangers, Fredericksburg, Texas
Plum Creek Shooting Society, Lockhart, Texas
SASS #84671 NCOWS #3322 STORM #368
GAF #737,  Department of Missouri, Division of Texas
www.tarryhollowgang.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com