What barrel lenght

Started by Bitterwheat, September 06, 2005, 05:46:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bitterwheat

What barrel lenght do you think is the best? And why? I have seven pistols and the are all the 4 5/8 or 4 3/4. I feel that the shorter barrel is faster to get out and on target. But that is only my opinion. what do you think?

Four-Eyed Buck

It's whatever works best for you. All of mine save one are either 4 3/4 or 5 1/2.........Buck 8) ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

tarheel mac

I started with the 4 .75 bbls and have always stuck to them...I just think they look better...but I don't think they make me one .01 of a second faster.   Many have told me that the 7.5 tubes would be easier sighting with my over 50 eyes, and I have a suspicion they are right...Someday, we'll see if they're right..

Big John Denny

I currently use two matching ROV with 3.75" barrels, both in 45 Colt. All the ladies say they are real cool, and that's good enough for me.
Big John Denny, SASS 64775
US Army Retired
Los Vaqueros
BOLD #661
GOFWG #240
SBSS #1780 (Order of the Golden Bullet)
NMLRA
NRA
"Aim small....Miss small"

Arcey

I have three 7.5s.  If I'm serious about score I'll use two of those.  In my case it is the 50+ eye thing.

My character (tho many say I have none) is a drunken trail bum.  For that, I like the mismatched look of a 7.5 strong side and a 3.5 birdshead weak, cross draw.  That's the usual set up.

If I know a shoot is going to involve a staged pistol, I'll take an 18" "Buntline" along.  Been known to use that one weak side for giggles.  It's a bit much to snatch and reholster strong side.................

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Tricky Trina

But he has been known to pull that "Buntline" from his strong side holster from time to time.  It's a riot to watch him pull, pull, pull, grab with weak hand and pull some more to get that monster out!
Trina
...and she rides into the SMOKEY sunset on her favorite, half-fast horse, Totally Clueless    Thanks Arcey, Tensleep, Wildcat Will and Querida Kate!!!

Qball

My Colt clones are 4 3/4 in .45cal and i like the look of the shorter barrel
my Remington -58 clones are cut down to 5" just to fit in the same holsters as my Colts.
WartHog
SCORRS
SootLord
STORM

Silver Creek Slim

I tend to hit more targets with 7.5" - 8" barrels than shorter ones.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Arcey

Quote from: Tricky Trina on September 07, 2005, 07:35:13 AM
But he has been known to pull that "Buntline" from his strong side holster from time to time.  It's a riot to watch him pull, pull, pull, grab with weak hand and pull some more to get that monster out!
Trina

Ya oughta see it from my perspective............................

Honorary Life Member of the Pungo Posse. Badge #1. An honor bestowed by the posse. Couldn't be more proud or humbled.

All I did was name it 'n get it started. The posse made it great. A debt I can never repay. Thank you, mi amigos.

Missouri Marshal

Hope she's talkin about yur gun pard ;D
NRA Life, SASS Regulator, TG Pungo Posse, TG Mattaponi Sundowners, DTP, RATS #132
CLICK HERE FOR MY CAS CITY PROFILE
AND CHECK OUT THE LOADING BLOCKS IN THE CLASSIFIEDS

Russ T Chambers

Quote from: Silver Creek Slim on September 07, 2005, 08:52:07 AM
I tend to hit more targets with 7.5" - 8" barrels than shorter ones.

Slim

Ya just nee to stand a little further back.   ;D  That way those longer barrels won't hit the targets either (maybe 10 or 12 inches?)  ::) ::) ;D
Russ T. Chambers
Roop County Cowboy Shooters Association
SASS Lifer/Regulator #262
WartHog
SBSS #1441
IPSAC
CRPA Lifer 
NSRPA Lifer
NRA Benefactor Member
Brother of the Arrow

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com