Nationals Longrange

Started by Duke Henry, April 04, 2012, 05:13:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Duke Henry

PLEASE NOTE A CHANGE IN TIMES
The long range match will be held on Wendsday June 6.
Start Time is 8am. or as soonafter everyone is signed in.
We are trying to beat the heat and get everything in that day.
There is a limit of 2 rifles per person.
You will have 3 sighters per position and 10 rounds for score per position.
There will be 3 positions for SMALL bore rifles AKA main match guns.
There will be 3 positions for BIG bore rifles.
Will update with yardages this weekend.
REMBER EVANSVILLE IS ON CENTRAL DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME.
NRA LIFE
COL. BISHOPS RENAGADES
WESTSIDE RENAGADES
REDBRUSH RADIERS

bowiemaker

Well that knocks me out. I was really hoping to come up in the morning and shoot long range this year but I can't take another day off to travel on Tuesday in order to be there at 7 am Wednesday.

Yes, it's likely to be hot in June anywhere in the Ohio Valley. If people can't stand the heat maybe the Nationals should be moved to spring or fall.
NCOWS #3405   RATS #612

Yuma Kid

Duke,
Do we need to change the registration form?  It would allow a person to register for all 6 long range catagories. Black Power Single Shot, Smokeless Powder Single Shot, Black Powder Lever (rifle Cal), Smokeless Powder Lever (rifle Cal), Black Powder Lever (pistol Cal) & Smokeless Powder Lever (pistol Cal).  We have not had anyone sign up for more that 2 so far.
Yuma
Keep Yer Powder Dry!

NCOWS #L129,  G.A.F. # 767, SASS #31302, NRA Life Endowment, Lancaster County Bounty Collection Agentcy #29

Irish Dave

I'd recommend the 2-rifle limit.

It's just a matter of daylight vs. facility layout vs. number of shooters.

This has been a popular event. More than 2 rifles each and it could take all day (might anyway) or more.

Just one opinion.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Yuma Kid

All,
I'll update the registration form and send it to Dutch to replace what's on the website.
Yuma
Keep Yer Powder Dry!

NCOWS #L129,  G.A.F. # 767, SASS #31302, NRA Life Endowment, Lancaster County Bounty Collection Agentcy #29

jefff

are we shooting off of sticks ,tables,off hand,prone,kneeling ?jefff

Cash Creek

This are the two of the new things for the National this year.. CC
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

OklaTom

I would be interested in a period optics category, maybe next year.  My good old 45-90 High Wall with a Malcom scope could use a stretching out.
"I druther have a pocket full of rocks than an empty gun..."

OklaTom@att.net

Duke Henry

Quote from: jefff on April 05, 2012, 05:09:00 PM
are we shooting off of sticks ,tables,off hand,prone,kneeling ?jefff

Jeff
First 2 positions will be off hand last will be off tables.
NRA LIFE
COL. BISHOPS RENAGADES
WESTSIDE RENAGADES
REDBRUSH RADIERS

Irish Dave

Duke:

Does this represent a change?
I seem to recall that the last few years the first position was offhand and the last two were from the tables.

Just seeking clarification.
Thanks.
NCOWS Marshal Retired
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

jefff

duke can answer this better dave but the year bob and i handled it.we had more than one that diffculty with kneeling pos.moving 4 big picnic tables during the match might be difficult and time consuming.jefff

Dynamite Bill

wee didn moov taybullz last yeer cawlz idda got tu hot fur sum ovum!!!!!!!!!
The main thing to remember,is not to get excited!

Cash Creek

The WSSC just bought 12 new picnic tables...Duke and I will get then set up for the shoot if needed..CC
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

Duke Henry

Quote from: Irish Dave on May 10, 2012, 10:11:11 AM

Duke:

Does this represent a change?
I seem to recall that the last few years the first position was offhand and the last two were from the tables.

Just seeking clarification.
Thanks.

Correction.
1st position will be off hand next 2 will be off tables.
My fault not thinking thing out all the way.
In the event of  atie  there will be a shoot off on special targets.
Duke
NRA LIFE
COL. BISHOPS RENAGADES
WESTSIDE RENAGADES
REDBRUSH RADIERS

River City John

Duke,
I did not enter nor pay for the Long-range side match until I knew I had permission from the Judge to use my Vetterli.

Would it be OK to pay that morning?

RCJ
"I was born by the river in a little tent, and just like the river I've been running ever since." - Sam Cooke
"He who will not look backward with reverence, will not look forward with hope." - Edmund Burke
". . .freedom is not everything or the only thing, perhaps we will put that discovery behind us and comprehend, before it's too late, that without freedom all else is nothing."- G. Warren Nutter
NCOWS #L146
GAF #275

Duke Henry

Quote from: River City John on May 14, 2012, 12:56:53 AM
Duke,
I did not enter nor pay for the Long-range side match until I knew I had permission from the Judge to use my Vetterli.

Would it be OK to pay that morning?

RCJ
RCJ,
Dont see why not just take care of that when you signup on the range.
duke
NRA LIFE
COL. BISHOPS RENAGADES
WESTSIDE RENAGADES
REDBRUSH RADIERS

bowiemaker

I would like to make a suggestion. I would love to shoot the lever action pistol caliber long range but leaving home on Tuesday or the pre-dawn hours of Wednesday in order to be there for the early morning sign-up is not an option for me. In fact, if I had left home before sun-up and then waited until 1:30 in the afternoon to shoot, I would have been rather upset.

If the lever actions don't shoot until after lunch, why not allow people to sign up then? Even if you have to take another 10 minutes for another safety briefing, I think you would get more participants and more money.
NCOWS #3405   RATS #612

Tjackstephens

Mike, That sounds like a good ideal. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Irish Dave

Bowiemaker:

Good points. In fact, Duke and I have already had a discussion about that very thing. I think next year we will see a morning round for the big bore shooters and an afternoon round for the pistol-caliber folks -- with set start times for each.  

I think next year we'll also see a different colored square or circle painted in the center of the sight-in target to help folks have a more precise point at which to aim during sight-in.

Even so, I want to thank Duke, Cash and the crew for a Long Range match that was significantly improved and much smoother than last year. Just gets better every time.

NCOWS Marshal Retired
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

bowiemaker

NCOWS #3405   RATS #612

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com