the copy

Started by Boothill Bob, March 24, 2012, 03:52:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Boothill Bob

Now I've made the copy of a holster that a custumer send me, I think I did it.
BTW, I made the right one. 
Shoot fast and aim straight

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

GunClick Rick

The Boothill Bob Butterscotch Rig ;D I like the color :) Nice match!
Bunch a ole scudders!

Boothill Bob

Quote from: GunClick Rick on March 24, 2012, 06:17:10 PM
The Boothill Bob Butterscotch Rig ;D I like the color :) Nice match!

I just use EVOO on mine.. told the customer that I would have some problem to get the
right color, but that was ok.

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Very nice Bob, well done pard

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

KidTerico

Cheer up things could be worse, sure enough I cheered up and they got worse.

Marshal Will Wingam

Looks great, BB. Nice job, there.

SCORRS     SASS     BHR     STORM #446

Johnny McCrae

Well done. Your Customer should be pleased.
You need to learn to like all the little everday things like a sip of good whiskey, a soft bed, a glass of buttermilk,  and a feisty old gentleman like myself

santee

Wow..it's so close...amazing work.
Historian at Old Tucson
SASS #2171
STORM #371
RATS #431
True West Maniac #1261

Bugscuffle

Very nice work. It looks like you Xeroxed it!
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

Eloy Santa Cruz

Great job B.B. How did you duplicate the carving pattern? I see many patterns that I like but I can't draw worth beans. There are many talented artists out there who can reproduce a carving pattern from a photograph but I'm not one of them.
My monikor comes from my family's former ranch Santa Cruz Farms located outside Eloy, Arizona. The Santa Cruz river runs through the land.
    " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them" ---John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Boothill Bob

Tanx pards.
Eloy. I simply cut the mainseam and flatten the holster, than I used some transfer film
I' m not good drawer my self so I took the easy way  ;)

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Eloy Santa Cruz

Thanks Bob, thats how I considered doing it, tracing or photo copying. When you cut the main seam, How do you avoid damaging or cutting into good leather if it is well cemented? Also how do you re-glue and still insure that your stitch holes still line up?

Respectfully

Eloy
My monikor comes from my family's former ranch Santa Cruz Farms located outside Eloy, Arizona. The Santa Cruz river runs through the land.
    " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them" ---John Wayne in "The Shootist"

Springfield Slim

I have found that if you are restitching you don't need to glue. After all, the point of the glue was to hold the leather in place, and now you don't need that function. Or if you REALY want to reglue, run needles through every 10 holes or so to keep things aligned while you glue it.
Full time Mr. Mom and part time leatherworker and bullet caster

Boothill Bob

I agree with springfield slim, no glue is needed. But if you want to glue, use the same way that he says with the
needels to line up the holes.
When it comes to cuting just use a razor sharp knife and be careful.

SASS#83079 SWS#1246

Eloy Santa Cruz

Springfield Slim, Boothill Bob, thanks for the great info pards.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com