National..

Started by Cash Creek, March 19, 2012, 03:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjackstephens

I know Rowdy would love to have the time to be able to get the door prizes. Don't think you all realize how hard and the number of hours Rowdy works. Just think how many times you have seen him at a shoot over the last few years. He is tied up. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Cash Creek

Went to the range today and met up with Duke Henry, and he was working on the stages to make sure they would work for ALL shooters..looks like the National going to be a great shoot..you guys are going to have to aim this year,  :o no just walking up to the line and shoot targets so close you can touch them..he also had some great ideas about the long range shoot..CC
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

Rowdy Fulcher

Cash
As for the Targets , How far and how small ?????

Snakebite
Thanks for the kind words but I just don't have the time . My father passed away in December and my mother is living alone .   So I am not only working lots of hours at the mine but also helping her .

Cash Creek

Rowdy
When Duke show me the long range it look like 300 yards and shooting at a bottle cap..might have to put a little extra power in the long range ammo. ;D

Same size targets as last year..just back a bit farther on the rifle targets a few feet behind the hay bales  :o ...and space out more.. This is the NCOWS National where we separate the men from the boys..and girls..  ;D
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

Rowdy Fulcher

Cash
Thanks for the info . I will sight my long range rifle in tomorrow for a bottle cap at 300 yards .  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Are you using many small cowboys for pistol ???

Cash Creek

Rowdy

The pistol targets are the small cowboy.. he going to have a large target for the long range to sight your rifle in..when we step it off today it was 270 paces for the longest.also the long pistol looks around 75 to 90 yards

I didn't shoot any today..but I will be...

Cash Creek

Was at the Range today practicing for the trap shoot at the National and shot this video..

http://www.youtube.com/v/GJCPCbDH6U8?version=3&feature=player_detailpage"><param

Tjackstephens

Cash, Was that Jeff Bailey shooting trap?  Tj  :D
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Cash Creek

Tj.. the guy with the bow tie looks a little like Jeff... ;D

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Tjackstephens on March 24, 2012, 11:00:39 PM
Cash, Was that Jeff Bailey shooting trap?  Tj  :D
Quote from: Cash Creek on March 25, 2012, 12:08:53 AM
Tj.. the guy with the bow tie looks a little like Jeff... ;D

I'm honored that you guys recognized me!

"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Cliff Fendley

That's good! move em back, that's why they put sights on guns  ;D
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Rowdy Fulcher

Cash
As far as the Tank Skeet shoot , I'm in . I guess an old Grunt can fire one , usually we are trying to blow them up . A T-80 makes a big Explosion .

jefff

Quote from: Cash Creek on March 24, 2012, 08:30:39 PM
Rowdy

The pistol targets are the small cowboy.. he going to have a large target for the long range to sight your rifle in..when we step it off today it was 270 paces for the longest.also the long pistol looks around 75 to 90 yards

I didn't shoot any today..but I will be...
long range shoot .how many rounds?what position? off sticks or table?jefff

Irish Dave

Just a word to the wise.

While we all agree this is NCOWS and not some other organization, a couple of years ago we got too carried away with small and far for the Main Match.

Duke and I talked about this at great length, as did several of us on the E-Committee. As a result, in my opinion, last year's targets were a much better balanced mix and the majority of the shooting membership was much happier about it. We had several shooters who did not return in 2011 due to the over-zealous teeny target experiment of 2010.

I don't want us to get carried away -- repeating the mistakes of 2010 and, figuratively speaking, shooting outselves in the foot.

Reasonable size and reasonable distance should be the general rule if we wish to grow the Nationals.

Dave Scott aka Irish Dave
NCOWS Marshal Retired
NCOWS Senator and Member 132-L
Great Lakes Freight & Mining Co.
SASS 5857-L
NRA Life

irishdave5857@aol.com

Trap

To me the main complaint of any stage; They are not algebra or geometry problems, therefore one should not have to use a quadratic equation or the 47th problem of Euclid to figure out the order of engagement.
Aggressive fighting for the Right is the noblest sport the world affords. T. Roosevelt
NRA Patron/Life Member
  NCOWS #851, Senator
Proud Member of the KVC
Hiram's Rangers, founder
GAF # 328
  TAPS #26
NAOOTB #688

Pancho Peacemaker

Things that make a match's shooting arrays fun:

1)  Variety in distance and in number of targets to engage at each stage.

2)  Occasional shotgun flyers. 

3)  Optional "bonus" targets.  ex:  throw an extra 50 yard pistol shot or hit a small 100 yard rifle target as an option.  Knock 5 seconds off if the shooter hits the bonus.

4) Target sweeps should have a "theme" at each stage.  ex:  Pistols both sweep from the left, rifle sweeps from the right etc, or everything is a Nevada sweep from the left   ....  Never do a stage with a bunch of different complex sweeps for each firearm.   Everyone will get a "P" and wind up p*&%d off...

5)  Moving or reactive rifle and pistol targets:  pendulums, running man, spinners, drop racks, etc...

One of the most entertaining stages we shoot is the "Tascosa Joe" stage:  set up 12 random targets at a variety of distances.  4 gun shooters start with 10/10/4+ ammo.   Shooter must engage each target twice.  Their choice of weapon and order of fire.  Two gun hits everything once, last 3 targets must be hit twice or dump 3 on a designated target.
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Yuma Kid

I think I just got a procedural???
Keep Yer Powder Dry!

NCOWS #L129,  G.A.F. # 767, SASS #31302, NRA Life Endowment, Lancaster County Bounty Collection Agentcy #29

jefff

i thought that last year's main match was about right.cept i had to empty a cap &ball each day due to last stage req.only one rev.but that ain't much to complain about.dukes been through this before and besides he has to shoot it too.jefff

Tjackstephens

Dave Scott, You are 100% correct. Tj

Deadeye Don

Quote from: Tjackstephens on March 26, 2012, 01:34:43 PM
Dave Scott, You are 100% correct. Tj

WOW that is up from his usual 98.7% rate too!!   ;D
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com