Goex Powder - shortages

Started by rickk, March 05, 2012, 07:31:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rickk

An FYI,

In case anyone hasn't heard by now, last year there was a GOEX powder plant explosion.

There was a fair amount of powder in the pipeline, but it is starting to run out.

I just spoke with Powder Inc. They are almost out of 2F...if you want some, you can't order it online right now - you have to call, and it sounded like they are really low on inventory.  So, if you were thinking about buying some, today would be a good day to call.

They seem to be OK on other grades and brands at this time.

She told me the GOEX plant is again running and Powder, Inc believes they will get more GOEX powder around mid April.

Of course, Powder, Inc has the best prices around so they would probably run out first. Maine Powder House and Graf aren't mentioning a shortage yet.

Rick

quigleysharps4570

I buy from Powder Inc. but Jack's would be another to keep in mind.
http://www.jackspowderkeg.com/

rickk

Never heard of Jack's before but I just checked his prices and they good too... good deal!.

Looks like he only likes checks or money orders though?

Bottom Dealin Mike

I bought a case this past Fall from a local explosives distributor, so I'm good through the Summer...maybe I should get another case now...

rickk

If you are all set thru summer, you should be all set Mike.

Again, the lady at Powder Inc said they expect to be restocked mid-April.

john boy

QuoteI bought a case this past Fall from a local explosives distributor
Mike, your local explosives dealer will order Goex powder in 25 lbs bags.  The price is really right but you have to do a FTF pickup
Regards
SHOTS Master John Boy

WartHog ...
Brevet 1st Lt, Scout Company, Department of the Atlantic
SASS  ~  SCORRS ~ OGB with Star

Devote Convert to BPCR

Fairshake

Jacks Powder Keg is a very close friend of mine. He is the City Judge for the town of Marksville . Louisiana and a civil war reenactor .
He is a good source to buy from and you don't have to worry about the honest part. He has been a distributor for many years and has two cannons so he has to be a distributor.Ha!! Ha!! Later David
Deadwood Marshal  Border Vigilante SASS 81802                                                                         WARTHOG                                                                   NRA                                                                            BOLD So that His place shall never be with those cold and Timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com