Swiss black powder

Started by wyattm, March 01, 2012, 09:26:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wyattm

I live in Canada. Anyone know where I can buy Swiss 2FG black powder. Want to use it in 44-40 and 45-75. Anyone try Goex 3FG in the 45-75. Does anyone get any fouling with 2FG or 3FG in the 45-75 after many shots say 20 or more without cleaning. Have Buffalo Arms 350 gr mould lubed with SPG....do I need a lube cookie under bullet for added lube with Goex. Thanks. Wyattm

Rowdy Fulcher

Howdy
Powder Inc. is loading Swiss in the Vintage Hunting Rounds and they will offer that in 45-60 . I have shot the 44wcf and the Swiss was very clean , I shot 23 rounds and when I looked down the bore it was as if I was shooting smokeless . I hope to shoot the 45-60 ammo this week . Will let you know how the Swiss works in the 45-60 .

larryo_1

Got to put in my two bits worth here.  I use Swiss in my 45-75.  It shoots great and like Rowdy says--it shoots clean.  I have an early Uberti with the larger chamber and My rifle likes both a 72 grain load and a 76 grain load.  It is good stuff.  Try it---you will like it.
When in doubt, mumble!
NRA Endowment member

Rowdy Fulcher

Howdy
Well the Swiss shot GREAT in the 45-60 . The groups were good and clean up was easy for black powder . If you are interested in shooting black in your 76 try the Swiss . If you don't reload try the ammo from Powder Inc. ,tell them you want the Vintage Hunting round using Swiss powder .

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com