Thinking about a 2nd shotgun

Started by Dances With Coyotes, January 29, 2012, 11:52:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dances With Coyotes

Howdy, I already have a Stoeger double that I really like alot. Thinking about getting a 2nd shotgun for a back up gun. As of now the shotgun is the only one I do not have a backup for. Thinking about the nickel Stoeger in 12 ga. I'm also open to other suggestions.  What shotguns is everybody using? And what are your experiences?
All you need is love and a .45

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

Get a Win 97. ;D

Then you will be on your way to a Wild Bunch match; ;D

But you'll need a 1911 as well!!!!! ;D ;D
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

Dances With Coyotes

Quote from: Sir Charles deMouton-Black on January 29, 2012, 12:20:25 PM
Get a Win 97. ;D

Then you will be on your way to a Wild Bunch match; ;D

But you'll need a 1911 as well!!!!! ;D ;D

I have a 1911. It's a High Standard mil spec. Plain Jane. I also have a .44 mag Rossi lever action. (I think in WB the rifles have to be a larger caliber?) Correct me if I'm wrong but in Wild Bunch they use one 1911 and one single action? If the single action has to be a .44 or .45 I got that covered to. Cimarron Model P .45 4&3/4" barrel to the rescue!!!!!!!

cpt dan blodgett

WB uses 1911 two categories Traditional and Modern Traditional shot 1 handed and think basically stock GI. (Check out the actaul handbook on the SASS Site for details)  Modern shot two handed adjustable sights beaver tails etc again read handbook.
No other pistol.
Rifle 40 caliber or larger 38/40 is actually .401 so it qualifies.  Your rossi 44 mag should work just fine.
Model 97 Shotgun
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

Dances With Coyotes

Why just the one pistol? It seems like if you were gonna do WB they woulda had you go al'a Pike with a 1911 and a single action. Maybe I guess they wanted it simple. If I'd made the rules up that's what I woulda done.

Tall Dark Slim

Coyote Cap 93/97 would be my vote. Then you could let the SXS standby or be used in division where you need one.

Bugscuffle

I agree an 1897is the way to go. I got prettylucky on Gunbroker and bought an original (1939) with a totally butchered stock and some moderately ugly metal. The barrel was cut down, but about half of the full choke was left in the barrel, so I still have a pretty tight choke in it and I have a fairly short barrel too. The bore was in great shape. The only thing that I had to buy for it was the butstock and there are plenty of them, both original and new manufacture replacement available for about $80. A bench grinder with a wire wheel and a felt polishing wheel will have the metal looking like new with some elbow grease. It isn't difficult at all, but it does take up a bit of time. I degreased with acetone and alcohol and then used Birchwood Perma Blue to reblue it and it came out pretty nice, if I do say so myself. The best part though is every time I look at the before and after photos of that gun. I get feel a lot of pride knowing that I took an oldtimer ready for the scrap pile and brough it back to pretty close to it's original glory. Oh yes, another plus is that I only have about $250 total invested in it.
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

Tall Dark Slim

I'll be the first to make the statement: Let's see the pics!

Bugscuffle

O.K.
Before:   http://imageshack.us/g/808/pix0123732241.jpg/

After:    http://imageshack.us/g/691/dscf4079a.jpg/

Yeah, I know. I have funny looking toes.
I almost forgot. I also modified the magazine spring and magazine follower so that it fits 6 2 3/4" shells in the magazine.
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

Tall Dark Slim

HogDoc Olliday

I have a lever action 12 gauge and my wife has a Stoeger double 20 gauge. I love both.
HogDoc Olliday
SASS #89965
"Born 100 Years too late"

freighthauler

Bugscuffle,very nice transformation!Nothing like bringing one back to life.

Pay Dirt Norvelle

I was using a SxS, but wanted a 1897 for Wild Bunch so I ordered one and while it was on its way to me I happened to go into my local Sporting Clays place and guess what they had for sale?  Now I have two 1897s and two 1911s with a 1892 in 45 Colt.  Wild Bunch here I come.
PAY DIRT NORVELLE
SASS #90056
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
COYOTE VALLEY COWBOYS #37
RATS #650

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com