Hammers

Started by JOHNACM, January 26, 2012, 12:56:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOHNACM

Will Montado hammers fit on my 45 cal Rugar New Black Hawk? If so, where is the best place to purschase?
Thanks All

Pettifogger

Yes.  Montado hammers and the Super Blackhawk hammers are the same except for the checkering on the hammer spur.  Most people use the SBH hammers as the serrations are deeper and give a better feel than the Montado hammers.  You can get them from Brownells, Midway or try Ruger.  They have been out of stock for months. 

Dances With Coyotes

One little thing I noticed when putting SBH hammers in my New Vaqueros was on the hammer there's a little spring loaded plunger on the bottom. Knock out the little pin that holds the plunger in. Take the plunger and spring out and clean that hole out REAL good. Lotta little metal shavings in there that can jam up that plunger. When I did my first Vaquero it wouldn't work very well at first and then not at all. Took it apart again and noticed that plunger was jammed up inside the hammer. Took plunger out and it was jammed up with metal shavings. Cleaned out that hole and PRESTO!!! , problem fixed.
All you need is love and a .45

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com