2012 National Stages?

Started by J.R. Logan, January 16, 2012, 09:14:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjackstephens

Books, They tell me that Duke Henry has undergone back surgery. Cash Creek will try to find out about the stages and how they will be laid out. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Dynamite Bill

hey, ifn wez gonna run frum stage ta stage, letts runn frum 2 ta 10. i run from 6:00 to 5:30 all day anyhow. jus kiddin.
The main thing to remember,is not to get excited!

Tjackstephens

Talked to Buckeye Butch and here are some of the things that the Cowboys have proposed to do. The gallows will be torn down and rebuilt. May be moved to where the stagecoach is now. The corral will be rebilt and may be moved also. There will be dirt moved and the walls raised to protect from bullets getting out of the shooting stages. All this is proposed and not done yet. The only thing for sure, there will be 10 stages for the NCOWS National. The cowboy town may not be very much like what it has been in the past. There are several of us and we will keep you imformed. As soon as we know something for sure we will post it.
Having different posses doing the side matches is a very good ideal. As soon as we can we will let you know about the stages. We do not know at this time, the West Side cowboys are waiting on the main club to allot the money. They are also waiting on good weather to work. Tj  :o  ::)
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Pancho Peacemaker

Books,

Is each sponsoring posse also responsible for the award for their designated side match?

(I never like to assume things.)

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Books OToole

Quote from: Pancho Peacemaker on January 24, 2012, 07:54:58 PM
Books,

Is each sponsoring posse also responsible for the award for their designated side match?

(I never like to assume things.)

Pancho

That is one of the items that I need to discuss with Duke.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
N.C.O.W.S. 2279 - Senator
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Rowdy Fulcher

Pancho
In the past we used certificates for the side match winners . So the Posses should bring certificates for their side matches .  ;D

Pancho Peacemaker

Quote from: Rowdy Fulcher on January 25, 2012, 07:55:29 PM
Pancho
In the past we used certificates for the side match winners . So the Posses should bring certificates for their side matches .  ;D

I thought it might divide up the work load some if the posses each did an award.   I have done match awards for a few big matches and that task can consume a lot of time.  Plus we might have some fun with the side matches.   Heck, I'd bet a nice big East Texas pecan pie might be a nice award for a side match.

Just trying to think outside the box a little.
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Books OToole

G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Rowdy Fulcher

Pancho
The side match or side matches  ;D your Posse decides to run .  You will be responsible for the Awards ( certificates ) and only that  .
Talked to JR Logan tonight and he is hard at work coming up with the Stages . We have a Theme for the National ? It's a Surprise .
Will let Dave post the Flyer for it .

Cash Creek

Rowdy:
The name Witches and Demons ??????????????
Hiram Ranger #100, Westside Sportsmen Club, NCOWS 3395, SASS 90169, NRA, Col. Bishop's Renegades... Cowgirls are like barbed wire...handle with care.

Duke Henry

hOPE ALL IS WELL  i'm hangein  in to. IM lookinkh Forwared 2 goointo the Range,cant wait for the doctor to le be go to the range.that woulbbe ;D ;D ;D
Catch you all llater peace
NRA LIFE
COL. BISHOPS RENAGADES
WESTSIDE RENAGADES
REDBRUSH RADIERS

Tjackstephens

Be good to have the old Duke back on the range. Hang in there pard and see you soon. Tj

jefff

duke really glad you will be back on your feet soon.speedy recovery amigo.jefff

Ima Sure Shot

Duke, Get Better Soon. Celeste

Books OToole

BTT:

I knew that we had a discussion of Side Matches.  Here it is.

Books
G.I.L.S.

K.V.C.
Hiram's Rangers C-3
G.A.F. 415
S.F.T.A.

Dusty Tagalon

Question for planning purposes, working cowboy, reloads or not?

My inten is to shoot working cowboy, use original Winchesters for rifle, repo cap & ball for pistol. I assume, if reload are required, have a 2nd revolver charged, but not capped, & cap the 2nd on the clock. Will have backup in case of bad weather.

Brian

J.R. Logan

Unless things have changed the only reloads are rifle and shotgun.

J. R. Logan

Cliff Fendley

Can we find out for sure on the pistol reload? I was also considering shooting WC with a C&B but was worried about a reload. I really don't want to shoot pistoleer because of the shotgun and my poor old neck and shoulder.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Cole Bluesteele

Cliff,

The stages submitted to the Executive Committee for review had no pistol reloads.

Ted

Cliff Fendley

http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com