Help with Stoger Choke tubes ??

Started by Mason Stillwell, January 14, 2012, 08:18:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mason Stillwell

I have a stoger uplander  side by side. It has choke tubes in it but the  ID has worn off them. Both tubes have three notches in them beside the notches you use to put the removal tool in.
On one coke the notches are lots deeper than the other but both have VVV notches in them.

How would I find out what they are ?? Probably mike them ???

Thanks

Mason
Mason Stillwell

Grand Pap to 4
BP C&B Shooter.

Known early on as Pole Cat Pete
Tar Heel at Heart

Pettifogger

The notches tell you the choke.  I.e., improved cylinder, modified and full.  How did you wear the inside of a choke tube out?  They are hard steel and lead shot is softer.  When are you moving back to civilization?

Mason Stillwell

I didnt wear them out. I let the side where the word Mod or Full is got rusted and now I cannot make it out. I wanted to know which was which so I am shooting the correct barrel. I am getting into sporting clays and putting cas on the back burner.

If I could find a job that I could make my bills I would move tomorrow. I want us to be able to shoot again.

Thanks for the help on the tubes

Mason
Mason Stillwell

Grand Pap to 4
BP C&B Shooter.

Tar Heel at Heart

Mason Stillwell

Larsen . I need some help if you  could. I have a Uberti 73 rifle in 45 colt with a short stroke kit in like new condition. If you could e-mail me and help me come up with a price I would be grateful . Got to buy me an over and under shotgun for Sporting Clays.

Thanks
Mason Stillwell

Grand Pap to 4
BP C&B Shooter.

Tar Heel at Heart

Pettifogger

Just click on my name and send me an email on this wire.  It will show up on my home computer and I can answer it.  I don't like putting my email in a post as the spammers pick them up.  I understand what you are saying now.  Not that the ID somehow increased, but that the stenciled "ID" wore off.  I thought I had a set of choke tubes for one I cut the barrels down on but couldn't find any.  If I recall, the more notches the tighter the choke.

Stu Kettle

Quote from: Pettifogger on January 15, 2012, 05:06:36 PM
If I recall, the more notches the tighter the choke.

It's the other way around - 1 mark is full, 3 is mod, & 5 is cyl.

Mason Stillwell

Ok Cool both my chokes have three marks or it looks like vvv on the end.
Mason Stillwell

Grand Pap to 4
BP C&B Shooter.

Tar Heel at Heart

Stu Kettle

Your in business then.  Why do you think you need an over/ under for sporting  clays?  Just because everyone else shoots one?  I used an uplander on  trap, skeet, & clays for years, when it broke down I started shooting my coach gun.  Works fine & I get extra style points - though I do get some complaints about the muzzle blast on the trap range ;D

Mason Stillwell

Well I guess I dont NEED an over and under. However I have shot Cactus Cris's Stoger O/U and I like the way it feels. Also I have trouble with the brass bead  on my SKB with my eyes and one can put the long orange sights  on the O/U

What I Want not NEED. LOL
Mason Stillwell

Grand Pap to 4
BP C&B Shooter.

Tar Heel at Heart

Stu Kettle

I know what you mean, I like them too, want one, almost got one, then I get that feeling you get when thinking about bringing home a new pup & then thinking about the old dog at home.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com