Cimarron P

Started by LazyK Pejay, August 26, 2005, 09:58:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LazyK Pejay

Does anyone own a pistol from Cimarron? The P model  comes in a Cavalry and PeaceMaker style. Most of the write ups I've read say it is most like the 1873 Colt? Thx.

LazyK Pejay

Badlands Walker

Had one in .45LC with 5.5" barrel.  Nice six-shooter. 8)

Four-Eyed Buck

Have one in .357, 5 1/2". Nice piece. A lot of my clean matches are with this gun.......Buck 8) ::) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

RRio

Very good choice. Hard to go wrong with one after an action job.
"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it"  - Capt. Woodrow Call

"Proud citizen of CasCity since 2004." 
NCOWS 2492  SASS 22927   SCORRS     USFACS #28       GAF #267 Dept. of the Platte  AZ        STORM #178

Birdgun Quail

I have two Model Ps in .45 Colt with 7.5-inch barrels.  Both of mine shoot one inch high at 25 yards using 200 grain bullets.  One shoots one inch left of center, the other one inch right of center.  Groups at 25 yards were 2.4 and 2.5 inches respectively.  Standing on my hind legs, shooting the two guns one-handed unsupported, in less than 15 seconds I put ten rounds into an eight-inch circle at that same 25 yards.  I am impressed with my Cimarron Model Ps.
God bless,
Birdgun Quail

RRio

Quote from: Birdgun Quail on August 26, 2005, 09:32:10 PM
I have two Model Ps in .45 Colt with 7.5-inch barrels.  Both of mine shoot one inch high at 25 yards using 200 grain bullets.  One shoots one inch left of center, the other one inch right of center.  Groups at 25 yards were 2.4 and 2.5 inches respectively.  Standing on my hind legs, shooting the two guns one-handed unsupported, in less than 15 seconds I put ten rounds into an eight-inch circle at that same 25 yards.  I am impressed with my Cimarron Model Ps.

I gotta ask this, but when I read "Both of mine shoot one inch high at 25 yards using 200 grain bullets", it went through my head, that they'd drop that inch using 250s. Have you ever tried that? Wuz I right?? Huh, huh???

;D ::) ;)
"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it"  - Capt. Woodrow Call

"Proud citizen of CasCity since 2004." 
NCOWS 2492  SASS 22927   SCORRS     USFACS #28       GAF #267 Dept. of the Platte  AZ        STORM #178

Birdgun Quail

Actually Rawhide, just the opposite.  With 250 grain bullets the shot groups of both guns were seven inches high.  I understand that it is not uncommon for the longer barreled revolvers to shoot higher.  It must have something to do with the recoil.
God bless,
Birdgun Quail

Virginia Gentleman

IMHO, Cimarrons are extremely good and only second to US Fire Arms in quality.  I find them to be more historically accurate and the US Finish Model Ps to be superior to the 3rd Generation Colts.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com