What am I doing wrong?

Started by Bottom Dealin Mike, December 16, 2011, 05:29:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bottom Dealin Mike

Recently someone posted this on Reddit about one of my videos:

"Mike Beliveau (who made the video) is a professional gun writer and has what is likely the best collection of gun videos on youtube, but he gets hardly any views."

So I'd like to know what the heck I'm doing wrong...strong criticism will be accepted without whining (at least none that will be audible to citizens here in CASCITY...  :D )

Thanks

BDM

Marshal Deadwood

I dunno, Mike,,I watch'em and love'em ! Thank you

Deadwood

Count Sandor

Quote from: Marshal Deadwood on December 16, 2011, 05:33:06 PM
I dunno, Mike,,I watch'em and love'em ! Thank you

Deadwood

+1, except...you are doing serious BLACK POWDER videos ( the ones I've seen)... What percentage of SASS people are BP shooters, and what percentage think BP shooters are _____________ ( fill in the blank with any negative descriptive term)... AND, you aren't shooting full-auto firearms, blowing stuff up, or drinking (or all three)...seems to me those are the most popular videos. I wouldn't beat myself up over it.

Keep 'em coming!

CS
SBSS #2023 - OGB
Chief Stealth Bullet Investigator of the Holy Roman Empire
Dirty RAT #396
NRA Life
SASS Life
WARTHOG

Bottom Dealin Mike

I can answer the first question, though my stats are about 5 years old now. Seven percent of SASS shooters shoot in B-P categories.

As for the rest...I like to shoot and I like to drink...never combined them...think I'll keep it that way. ;D

Steel Horse Bailey

Mike, don't worry about the nay-sayers.  Keep up the good work!!

Thanks for posting them and giving us the opportunity to  see these guns in action.

I suspect the good Count has gotten it spot on.  Compared to the rappers, show-offs, and neer-do-wells who will post any worthless thing on You Tube, those of us disciples of the One True Gunpowder are a pretty small crowd!  If it doesn't look like: #1] an AK; #2] an AR15; #3] a Glock; or #4] a 50 BMG sniper rifle most will pass over it.

Ya really want more viewers?  Title your Videos something like:

Killing Zombies with 1860 Army pistols using Black Powder:  See the flames set the Zombie's hair on fire!~

And you'll have to use at least one "blood target," which is all the rage these days!  And you TOO can have one for ONLY $69.95 to $99.95 !!  (No, I'm not kidding!)
http://zombieindustries.com/shop/category/bleeding-zombie-targets/

Or something like that

:D
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Coal Creek Griff

There seem to be a lot of videos like, "My girlfriend in a bikini shooting for the first time".  You could try something like that...
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Sir Charles deMouton-Black

I love Mikes videos alot!  Maybe we should start a "hit" parade to raise his stats! ;D
NCOWS #1154, SCORRS, STORM, BROW, 1860 Henry, Dirty Rat 502, CHINOOK COUNTRY
THE SUBLYME & HOLY ORDER OF THE SOOT (SHOTS)
Those who are no longer ignorant of History may relive it,
without the Blood, Sweat, and Tears.
With apologies to George Santayana & W. S. Churchill

"As Mark Twain once put it, "History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme."

WaddWatsonEllis

Mike,

I was gonna suggest that you involve skinny anorexic women in bikinis and let them shoot large calibers to watch them fall over and drink beer and laugh at them but I won't ...

And by the way, I think I have watched almost all of what you have done since I have been a member .... so I must be in that 7% ... I shoot a 51 Cot, a couple of Ruger Old Armys and a starr   ... and I just bought a used Pietta '58 Remington and extra cylinder, but have yet to shoot it ....

P.S. Can you get too professional? *S*
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

rickk

Mike,

I am sure you know I am a faithful follower of your vids, but if you can get used to using phrases like , "as Bambi is demonstrating..." for about 20% of each vid things will pick up I think.

Of course, the extra viewership won't be watching your expertise, and I might have to stop letting my 10 year old watch them (or maybe not.... he is figuring things out).

;-)

JerseyJD

I'm a relative newbie in the area having just an 1860 on order. However, I've really learned a lot from all your videos and urge you to continue. Perhaps many others are in my camp having been quiet admirers and considering a change of classification within CAS to something using black powder.   

Cuts Crooked

Hmmmm? Perhaps you need "ladies" in corsets and bloomers in your videos. They could demonstrate where brass can end up when shooting lever guns! ;)
Warthog
Bold
Scorrs
Storm
Dark Lord of the Soot
Honorary member of the Mormon Posse
NCOWS #2250
SASS #36914
...work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt, and dance like you do when nobody is watching..

Steel Horse Bailey

Scantily-clad, drunk, female zombies!

THAT'S the ticket!

I hope you take our posts in the spirit (not spirits) they were given, Mike!

;)   :D 
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Major 2

pehaps the most sucessful .... might be  :-\

Scream at your son, throw things, like tamtrums and chairs , drive through your shop walls with your SUV..
Fire your Son, talk BS about him , sue him and generally act as an some Adolescents.

worked on one Show !  :)

Or you could, Continue as you do.... and be enjoyed

course I would not oppose a skantly clad Bambi ..... ;D
when planets align...do the deal !

Junkman

Mike,

I have saved links to everyone of your videos. Do not try to stoop to the adolescent level of most YouTube videos. Be secure in the knowledge that you are doing a GREAT job (and service) to the folks that REALLY matter! Keep up the good work.
;)
Your loyal follower,
Junkman

rickk

Now, as a for instance... check out Ashley's tutorial on cleaning a Glock.

On top of everything else, she knows what she is doing with the Glock, and does it well.

http://www.youtube.com/v/E1m6Qct68wo%26rel%3d0%26hl%3den_US%26feature%3dplayer_embedded

Fingers McGee

Quote from: rickk on December 17, 2011, 10:44:32 AM
Now, as a for instance... check out Ashley's tutorial on cleaning a Glock.

On top of everything else, she knows what she is doing with the Glock, and does it well.

http://www.youtube.com/v/E1m6Qct68wo%26rel%3d0%26hl%3den_US%26feature%3dplayer_embedded

WOW !    Now that's one clean Glock !     ;D ;D ;D  
Fingers (Show Me MO smoke) McGee;
SASS Regulator 28654 - L - TG; NCOWS 3638
AKA Man of many Colts; Diabolical Ken's alter ego; stage writer extraordinaire; Frontiersman/Pistoleer; Rangemaster
Founding Member - Central Ozarks Western Shooters
Member - Southern Missouri Rangers;
NRA Patron Life: GOA; CCRKBA; SAF; SV-114 (CWO4 ret); STORM 327

"Cynic:  A blackguard whose faulty vision sees thing as they are, not as they should be"  Ambrose Bierce

WaddWatsonEllis

Maybe that's why I am single ... I don't like automatics or hard rock ...

NAWWWW!

*S*
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Bottom Dealin Mike

I appreciate the feedback.

One thing I think I'll try is moving some shooting to the beginning of each video instead of putting it all at the end. I'll try using some more interesting targets as well. Working alone with a tripod, it is hard to get some of those things framed properly in the shot, but I'll work on it.

Also, just ordered a bikini...not sure if that's really the answer, but...

Coal Creek Griff

That was the only real suggestion I had.  Those of us who watch your videos all the time appreciate the historical info and look forward to the demonstrations, but you might loose some viewers with casual interest.  We love your videos, but you might lose some of us if you wear a bikini.

CC Griff
Manager, WT Ranch--Coal Creek Division

BOLD #921
BOSS #196
1860 Henry Rifle Shooter #173
SSS #573

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Coal Creek Griff on December 17, 2011, 01:43:57 PM
We love your videos, but you might lose some of us if you wear a bikini.
CC Griff

Quote from: Bottom Dealin Mike on December 17, 2011, 12:23:39 PM

Also, just ordered a bikini...not sure if that's really the answer, but...

As long as you have a pretty girl in the bikini, you'll be all right!  And you might be able to train her how to frame a shot, too!

Or not ...

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com