Whadaya think?

Started by Noz, December 07, 2011, 08:27:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fairshake

Without that water and a vent pipe that goes through the roof you would have a bad odor that would take over your home in short order. The paraffin that is sold as Gulf Wax and used in canning has been distilled to a level that is no longer a petroleum product. If it  crumbles out of the lube grooves then you should add products like mutton tallow, olive oil, jojoba oil, or lanolin which will not only lube your barrel but condition it so that clean up becomes an easy chore.
I don't know that I would use the toilet rings that are sold today. The old Made in The USA rings were 100% Beeswax but the countries that make them now will put anything in them so that they may be sold.
Good 100% pure beeswax may be purchased for around $4 a pound and it is much better as a carrier for your lube.
Randy Rat on the Cast Boolits forum will sell you all you need. Take Care Fairshake
Deadwood Marshal  Border Vigilante SASS 81802                                                                         WARTHOG                                                                   NRA                                                                            BOLD So that His place shall never be with those cold and Timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat

Noz

Quote from: Noz on December 08, 2011, 08:48:25 AM
Just did a fingernail test on the new lube. It's hard enough to stay in the groove of a MavDutchman and soft enough to go thruough the sizer.  It'll work.

I tried this approach because I was having trouble keeping the lube in the grooves. I hardened the last portion I used on Fingers bullets and was much more satisfied with the results.

Yeah, Dick. this is a takeoff on the Pearl Lube. I assumed that the basic material in the candles was soy but I think I was probably wrong. I doubt that this will have the motion sensitivity of the original recipe.

Norton. The toilet bowl rings are made from a petrolateum compound that works in the lube much like beeswax. The advantage to the producer is that it is much less expensive then beeswax.  It's purpose in the lube is to make it sticky.

and Mako and Fingers, I think I look lovely in my braids. The picture is of a presentation of a Dooley Gang armband to Deja Vous. If you look closely at my belt line you can see the tag end of the ribbon sticking up. This gave me the opportunity to quote Clevon Little in Blazing Saddles, "Pardon me, while I whip this out".

I was wrong. It does exibit the motion sensitivity of the original pearl lube. Place it under pressure and it flows like light oil.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com