Video - Shooting Remington"s Model 1890 revolver

Started by Bottom Dealin Mike, December 06, 2011, 01:59:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bottom Dealin Mike

The 1890 Remington was the last major single action sixgun of the old west.

hellgate

Another fine video.

Do the Remington 1875 & 90 revolvers have a bushing at the front of the cylinder to prevent fouling buildup or are they like the 1863 NMAs?
Hellgate
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Bottom Dealin Mike

Hi Hellgate,

They don't have a bushing. They have a short gas deflector ring, like a Ruger Vaquero. But it isn't as effective as a bushing.

Harley Starr

A work in progress.

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Bottom Dealin Mike on December 06, 2011, 05:11:06 PM
Hi Hellgate,

They don't have a bushing. They have a short gas deflector ring, like a Ruger Vaquero. But it isn't as effective as a bushing.

I'd say not nearly as effective as a bushing!

But they're not quite as bad at picking up fouling as the NMA 1858!

I have an 1875 and IF I use BigLube boolits and perhaps a little extra care  like wiping the front of the cylinder several times and a couple squirts of Moosemilk, I can coax mine 'thru a match.

But it pains me to say that I mostly shoot smokeyless powder out of mine.  Which is a shame.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com