NCOWS event in Orlando this weekend (12/3/2011

Started by EDBSO, December 01, 2011, 04:30:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EDBSO

Howdy Y'all,

New guy here and mainly a lurker to this site,  great site by the way!

I am a member of a private gun club (Central Florida Rifle & Pistol) in Orlando and noticed there is an NCOWS event this weekend, which I will attend.

I have not seen any notices posted here.  I haven't found any representation for an Orlando group or contact here.  Is there one?

Thanks in advance,

Doug "I don't have a cowboy name - yet"

Major 2

EDBSO

You'll be most welcome..... :)

There are threads, couse I just realize all or most are in chanbers....

Reg. begins @ 8-9am  Safety briefing ,lead down range by 9:30-9:45 AM

NCOWS Guidelines and rules ... guidelines somewhat lighty relaxed,  some model firearms & leather , this first shoot.

5 stages we are setting up tomorrow and following a fellowship dinner @ the Outback Lake Nova near the Moss Pk. Road & Narcoossee Rd.

Major ( several CRACKER COW CAVALY NCOWS members are in the Orlando area including myself)
when planets align...do the deal !

Major 2

you bet  :)

Maybe you'll want to join us for Dinner tomorrow night ?

EDBSO

Thanks very much for your offer Sir.  I am very tempted to take you up on your invite but I have a prior commitment that I need to keep.  I take it you'll be there?  I'll look for you and make contact!  :)

Major 2

I best be there ... short of drawn & quartered and my Credentials nailed to a log < I will be

Tornado

Awe man, I'll be in Orlando on the weekend of the 17th, any chance y'all could move it back a couple of weeks just for me ;)

Major 2

Well... hmmmm  ...... ah.....   lets see ..... NOPE  ;D

I'll do this, glad to meet you and have Sarsaparilla with ya  :)

email or PM me

Tornado

Oh well, it would have been an uphill battle with the rest of the family to let me break away while they go see the high priced mouse.  Y'all have fun!

Tornado

Major 2

5 Stars .... out of 5 ...  ;D

great time

>reposted form NCOWS CHAMBERS<

Weather was wonderful....a bit of a ( BP clearing) breeze, the day started about 62 degrees, and got to 74 degrees , 5 enteresting stages  & 7 classes.
Target's were a challenge, but several stages were shot clean by some...
The Surly Bartender however snagged us all, no one shot it clean 

We had Mercenary Mike & Cherry Moonshine from Kentucky, Deadeye Dave from Indiana & and Davy Graley for South Carolina.
I'm indebted to you Parts & Pardet 
Mercenary Mike sold a good number of Convention Raffle Tickets ( even the SASS pards bought some ! )

Chili was completly consumed    glad everybody like it.

Cutter Carl (our marshal) ran the show, you're the best  , fine job man,  he also won WC.
Carl's wife tallied our scores, THANK YOU SO MUCH ! and they were announced at the Chili lunch.

Charokee Bodie (our Judge & Posse rep. ) Shooting Pistoller punished our targets with his full case BP loads ( when he hit them   ) which was rather often 

MT Chamber brought Sodbuster to life with his win..... good on you Dennis 

Capt'n' John had a bit of Over rotate issues with his OT but it was accrate, and he shot well. = 4th. WC

Dakoka Ike was second in WC , good job Gary...   see below !

Me ? well , I had a procedual...what is sad is ... I WROTE THE STAGE   
OK in my defence, my 3rd rifle round light tapped , and threw my count off on the double tap ..DoH !  = 3 rd WC

Several SASS shooters joined us and they had very good time. 

Full report & many photos to come....

Thank you all !

IN ALL A VERY GOOD DAY 

OH ! forgot to say.... Deadeye Dave bet Cherry Moonshine $50 Confederate Dollars ..she would not hit the Bonus rifle shot a 5" Cow skull out @ 75 ' with her pistol ..... picture below

SHE DID..and Dave is out $50 

Okefinokee Outlaw

Many thanks to the CCC for a great, very challenging match.  Despite my revolver issues, I had a great time.  See you next year. 

Rowdy Fulcher

Major
Is it too soon to ask about NEXT years dates ? Sounds like yawl had a Great Time . Keep up the GREAT WORK .   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Major 2

Feburary ... we hope...we are asking Ranger Officers for our second date tomorrow night....

EDBSO

It was a beautiful day!  I had a great time, just wish I could have stayed a bit longer.  Great folks, very friendly and accommodating!  I'm glad I went (along with 2 friends).  Looking forward to the next shoot.  Thanks again for the warm welcome and conversations!

Thanks again for the star Major, it begins a new story  ;D

Major 2

you are very welcome

The Star EDBSO is talking about is the the 6 pointed star in his Avatar

The history is ..it is the only offical adopted insignia badge of Florida Troops during the War Between the States .
Here it is in a Buckle

Every shooter, and our guest EDBSO , was given one with it History letter.

Cutter Carl

I hope to have time to post some photos later this week. 

As Major said it went really well.  A couple hiccups but nothing of any concern.  Considering all of us were new to actually putting together and running a shoot it went very well.

I think February will be an even better event.
NCOWS #3053
SASS #79783
Cracker Cow Cavalry - Florida's 1st NCOWS Posse
CCC - Marshall
Eagle Scout 1980

WaddWatsonEllis

Although living out on the left coast, I rarely get to participate in my great-grandfather's unit,  I am SLOWLY putting together a personna for him ... got a forage cap, a Columbus shell jacket and pair of pants in the 'jeans' material.

But while I am impatiently waiting for a holster from Davi Carrico, I have gone to Dell's Leather and bought the above buckle and connected it to a belt that I dyed with Vinagaroon ...bought one of David Carrico's Confederate Knives ... kind of a 14" bladed Bowie with a 'D' Guard on the handle ... again, I removed the hosehide covering the wood sheath, sewed on a leather one that I dyed with vinagaroon also ... and in January and February I will get a shot and cartridge boxes too ....

And once I have it complete I will make pics ....
My moniker is my great grandfather's name. He served with the 2nd Florida Mounted Regiment in the Civil War. Afterward, he came home, packed his wife into a wagon, and was one of the first NorteAmericanos on the Frio River southwest of San Antonio ..... Kinda where present day Dilley is ...

"Courage is being scared to death and saddling up anyway." John Wayne
NCOWS #3403

Cherokee Bodie

Went to the Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club monthy meeting tonight and half way through the meeting Ben Bateman, executive officer, who was very instrumental in our sucesses at the club, stated talking about the weekend match with the new NCOWS group calling themselves the CCC. Then he said ,Bill I believe you would like to say a few words and with that I was givin the floor. After that things just went great especially after I handed over the proceeds of the match to Ben. Very well recieved and talked about future matches and a regular bimonthy date. Gotta say, I sure getting excited about NCOWS and our sub chapter.
Thanks to all for a great match
had a lot of fun
Cherokee Bodie
aka Bill

Cutter Carl

NCOWS #3053
SASS #79783
Cracker Cow Cavalry - Florida's 1st NCOWS Posse
CCC - Marshall
Eagle Scout 1980

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com