Nipple Size for '58 Remington by ASP

Started by Norton Commando, November 22, 2011, 12:23:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Norton Commando

Does anyone know the nipple thread size/ profile for a '58 Remington replica made by Armi San Paolo?

It appears to be a 5.8mm X .75, which sure seems odd. I would like to replace them with nipples designed for #11 caps, but I'm uncertain about the thread size.

Thanks,

hellgate

All of the 7 different ASP Remingtons I had or now own take/took the 6 X .75mm nipples. They are the same pitch for Piettas also. Some of the newer Piettas may take a different thread pitch but I can't remember for sure, maybe 5.5 X .75mm.

The Ubertis and ASMs use the 12X28 (more coarse) threads  for their belt revolvers.
"Frontiersman: the only category where you can shoot your wad and play with your balls while tweeking the nipples on a pair of 44s." Canada Bill

Since I have 14+ guns, I've been called the Imelda Marcos of Cap&Ball. Now, that's a COMPLIMENT!

SASS#3302L
REGULATOR
RUCAS#58
Wolverton Mt. Peacekeepers
SCORRS
DGB#29
NRA Life
CASer since 1992

Norton Commando

Thanks there hellgate; 6mm certainly makes sense.  I don't think 5.8mm is a "standard" thread size.

Norton Commando

Update - I purchased a set of 6mm X 0.75 nipples from my local Bass Pro Shop today and they fit perfectly in my old ASP Remington.  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com