Packing Iron Book

Started by daddyeaux, November 22, 2011, 10:27:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cliff Fendley

LOL yeah there's a lot of inspiration in that book.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Buzzard II

Packin Iron by Rattenbury on SASS Mercantile-on sale now 1/30/2012 for $25.plus shipping.
SMOKLESS POWDER IS JUST A PASSING FAD!
NRA ENDOWMENT MEMBER
SASS LIFE MEMBER-AKA "BUCK HUNTER"
N-SSA  CO. QM SGT- 1st NJ LIGHT ARTILLERY-BATTERY B
GUN OWNERS OF AMERICA LIFE MEMBER
NRA CERTIFIED PISTOL INSTRUCTOR
NRA CERTIFIED RANGE SAFETY OFFICER
FORMER N.J. HUNTER ED. INSTRUCTOR/TEAM LEADER

Drayton Calhoun

Had to force myself to put it down, inspiration overload!
The first step of becoming a good shooter is knowing which end the bullet comes out of and being on the other end.

Ten Wolves Fiveshooter

Quote from: Drayton Calhoun on January 31, 2012, 12:07:00 AM
Had to force myself to put it down, inspiration overload!

I know the feeling pard, you will find you will be going to this book all the time for ideas and looking for your next project, I hope you enjoy Packing Iron as much as I do.

Regards

tEN wOLVES  ;D
NRA, SASS# 69595, NCOWS#3123 Leather Shop, RATTS# 369, SCORRS, BROW, ROWSS #40   Shoot Straight, Have Fun, That's What It's All About

Gun Creek Phil

Very, very nice book received for Christmas  ;D
Gun Creek Phil
Old West Historical Forum (FRANCE)
http://oldwestory.1fr1.net/forum

" Fast is fine but accuracy is everything " Wyatt Earp.
"Je voudrais ton 32 Bob" Little Bill Dagget in Unforgiven

Eloy Santa Cruz

Packing Iron By Rattanbury is The book. I received mine as a gift from my sister. I want to pick up a used copy to keep in the shop. Another book I would recommend is "Tombstone- The Guns and Gear". This book was released in 2004 by Peter Sherayko and quickly sold out and copies on the internet were prohibitevely expensive. Mr. Sherayko played the part of Texas Jack Vermillion in "Tombstone" and supplied "the guns and gear" for the movie. Some of the items including guns used in the movie are actually pieces from the period. The book is now in it's second printing and is available from Chisholms Trail Leather for $74.95.(hardcover). My wife gave me a hardback copy as a gift that was autographed by the author. My daughter also gave me a paperback copy to keep in the shop so I don't bugger up my hardback copy. The paperback can be found on the internet.
My monikor comes from my family's former ranch Santa Cruz Farms located outside Eloy, Arizona. The Santa Cruz river runs through the land.
    " I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them" ---John Wayne in "The Shootist"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com