Video - Shooting the LeMat "grapeshot" Revolver

Started by Bottom Dealin Mike, November 21, 2011, 01:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bottom Dealin Mike

This is one of the firearms oddities of the Civil War...the LeMat revolver.

Mako

Mike,
I guess the title to this video is not a classic "Freudian slip, " but is it a alluding to the "fun factor?"

:) Mako
A brace of 1860s, a Yellowboy Saddle Rifle and a '78 Pattern Colt Scattergun
MCA, MCIA, MOAA, MCL, SMAS, ASME, SAME, BMES

Bottom Dealin Mike

Fixed it.Thanks.

As far as fun factor...the LeMat is the most fun to shoot nine-shooter I own... :D

Mako

Quote from: Bottom Dealin Mike on November 21, 2011, 05:18:12 PM
Fixed it.Thanks.

As far as fun factor...the LeMat is the most fun to shoot nine-shooter I own... :D

I thought it was a TEN shooter... ;D

Bottom Dealin Mike

Nope..9-shots for sure.

I should have said the most fun C&B 9-shooter I own. I have an old Hi Standard Durango .22 9-shooter that is more fun.  ;D

Mako

Quote from: Bottom Dealin Mike on November 21, 2011, 06:25:56 PM
Nope..9-shots for sure.

I should have said the most fun C&B 9-shooter I own. I have an old Hi Standard Durango .22 9-shooter that is more fun.  ;D

So just how many tubes are on that Lemat? Total...

~Mako

Slowhand Bob

Thanks Mike, I really enjoyed this one.  Would it e faster to load that cylinder outside the gun?  My thought on the smaller shotgun gauge would be that the reduction there allows for the larger .44 caliber??  I am now thinking that it is time to up the ante and add in fast draw on that muzzle view!

Cemetery

I got to handle one earlier this year, I found it awkward to cock it, like I had to break my grip too much as opposed to any other single action I've ever used.

Any truth to what they say about the LeMat?  That the two best days of owning this gun is the day you buy it, and the day you sell it.
God forgives, I don't........

Bottom Dealin Mike

Mako

Quote from: Bottom Dealin Mike on November 21, 2011, 10:12:34 PM
Ok Mako...you have me there! LOL

Naaaah... I just watched a good video on the LeMat by some guy named Mike, and he showed us there were nine .44 caliber chambers and a 20ga.  That's all. :)

Regards,
Mako

Tornado

That was really cool, that is the first time I have seen one fired.  Did the yankees call this gun "the damn Rebel pistol that you loaded on Sunday and shot 'till payday"? ;D

wildman1

Gee Whiz Mike, I thought yer video was a "good" one.  :P WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Deadeye Don

Very informative and entertaining Mike.  Thanks for posting this.
Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com