Anyone buy a gun from Steve's Gunz?

Started by Swift Justice, November 17, 2011, 06:59:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swift Justice

when anyone has ever bought a modified gun from Steve's did they pay in full when they ordered it or did you pay a portion until it was ready.   I feel very comfortable sendung payment in full, but i never pay for something in full until I get it...So I wanted to ask.

Pay Dirt Norvelle

When I bought my 1892 Rossi I put down a deposit while he did some work on it and when it was done I paid the balance and he shipped it to my local FFL.
PAY DIRT NORVELLE
SASS #90056
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
COYOTE VALLEY COWBOYS #37
RATS #650

cpt dan blodgett

Bought one from him a few years ago.  Paid cost of gun upfront so he could order it in.  Think he asked for more bucks when he started working on it.  Actually was afforded the option to have the gun come to me direct and then send it to him when my turn came up.  Had a rifle so did not need the new one and just waited.  Took about 6 mo or so to get the gun.  He is busy but does really good work.
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

Major 2

Check search with Wadd Ellis Watson this BB  :(  ...I'm just say'n'
when planets align...do the deal !

Pay Dirt Norvelle

Forgot to say that when I bought mine, Steve had it in stock so I was lucky that way.
PAY DIRT NORVELLE
SASS #90056
NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER
COYOTE VALLEY COWBOYS #37
RATS #650

El Jefe

Luckily I live here in Texas not too far from Steve's shop. He's working on a new Rossi 92 for me right now and I expect to be very pleased later this month when I can stop borrowing my buddy's rifle for competition. Steve also works on other brands (both rifle and shotgun) for CAS shooters but his backlog is a bit long right now.

I can tell you this, Steve is a fine gentleman and a great gunsmith. He comes highly recommended!

Jeff Lynch
aka: Colonel Benjamin Terry (Terry's Texas Rangers)
Regards from Texas

Jeff Lynch
SASS #: 93751
SASS Alias: Colonel Benjamin Terry (Texas Rangers)

CAS Blog: http://cowboyshooting.wordpress.com

temmi

wPlease let me know how yours works out.

I plan to buy one from him just after the Beginning of the New Year.

I would really like to know what you think of yours.

Thanks

T

Texas Lawdog

Steve reworked a Rossi 92  38/257 for me several years ago. I took my rifle to Steve's shop when I was on a business trip to Port Arthur, Texas and I picked it when I went down there on my next trip down there. He is absoluty the best on reworking Rossi rifles. Those 38/357 Rossi's prefer the longer .357 cases. Steve's reputation has grown and he has a lot more business. It is worth the wait.
SASS#47185  RO I   ROII       NCOWS#2244  NCOWS Life #186  BOLD#393 GAF#318 SCORRS#1 SBSS#1485  WASA#666  RATS#111  BOSS#155  Storm#241 Henry 1860#92 W3G#1000  Warthog AZSA #28  American Plainsmen Society #69  Masonic Cowboy Shootist  Hiram's Rangers#18  FOP  Lt. Col  Grand Army of The Frontier, Life Member CAF
   Col.  CAF  NRA  TSRA   BOA  Dooley Gang  BOPP  ROWSS  Scarlet Mask Vigilance Society Great Lakes Freight and Mining Company  Cow Cracker Cavalry   Berger Sharpshooters "I had no Irons in the Fire". "Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixie"?

joec

I bought his kit and had a local guy do the steps he recommended. Smooth as silk now and has held up well.
Joe
NCOWS 3384

El Jefe

Quote from: temmi on December 27, 2011, 03:29:23 PM
wPlease let me know how yours works out.

I plan to buy one from him just after the Beginning of the New Year.

I would really like to know what you think of yours.

Thanks

T

Will do! I expect to pick up my Rossi in a few weeks.
Regards from Texas

Jeff Lynch
SASS #: 93751
SASS Alias: Colonel Benjamin Terry (Texas Rangers)

CAS Blog: http://cowboyshooting.wordpress.com

cpt dan blodgett

It is probably explained on his web site but- His current wait is approx 10 months.  Rather than be without a gun for that long, you print out his reservation form/work order, mail in the  form and a non refundable $50 deposit that is applied to the cost of work.  When your turn is close, email comes instructing one to ship gun.  If you like for $30.00 he will send prepaid shipping lable.

Gun goes in and should come home in 4 -6 weeks.  Just mailed in my deposit to slick carbine mentioned below today.

Again when I initially ordered my gun from him a couple of years ago, I was afforded the opportunity for the gun that he had to order be shipped to my FFL then send back for work when it was time.  Had a servicable though not slick 92 carbine so elected to save the extra shipping costs and waited for the gun to get ordered, and in due course have work done.
Queen of Battle - "Follow Me"
NRA Life
DAV Life
ROI, ROII

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com