Original Spencer Rifle For Sale at Dave Taylor's Civil War Antiques

Started by Two Flints, November 15, 2011, 02:11:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Two Flints

Hello SSS,

Thought I'd post this Spencer Rifle For Sale at Dave Taylor's Civil War Antique web site.

"A very solid and representative example of the most advanced rifle of its day. The Spencer was test fired by President Lincoln on the White House lawn and he was duly impressed with the new firearm. This example is overall Very Good. Totally original, genuine, and complete. No repairs, no replacements, no missing parts. A very solid example that really saw service in the Civil War. Serial number is in the 23,000 range which is a batch where most went to soldiers in the state of Massachusetts. There is no cartouche visible which is proper for a state purchased gun. Frame firm marking is clear and crisp as is the serial number. These repeaters were made famous by Custer's men at Gettysburg where they carried these 3-band rifles at East Cavalry Field (they would not get the shorter carbines until late in 1863 and 1864) ... and also made famous by Wilder's Lightning Brigade who battled rebels in the western theater at great peril to themselves. Current armchair generals think they would have liked to have carried a Spencer had they served in the Civil War. What they do not realize is that Wilder's men were sent into the hottest and most dangerous fights every time precisely because they were armed with such firepower. Consequently you were put in harm's way more frequently if you were one of the "lucky ones" to have a Spencer. A very solid example you can be proud to hang on your wall. $2,950.00.

Two Flints

Una mano lava l'altra
Moderating SSS is a "labor of love"
Viet Vet  '68-69
3/12 - 4th Inf Div
Spencer Shooting Society Moderator
Spencer Shooting Society (SSS) #4;
BOSS #62
NRA; GOAL; SAM; NMLRA
Fur Trade Era - Mountain Man
Traditional Archery

Preston County Rider

You are a very cruel man, Two Flints! Just when I had finally decided to go with a repro - you find and post this! Which means I have to save more money, and do more convincing, and.......

Hang on the Wall!?! I don't think so!

Two Flints

Hi Preston County Rider,

I figured you had already purchased your Spencer and thought it would be safe to post this ad for a Spencer Rifle for sale.  SSS members and "visitors" PM and Email me from time to time for leads to Spencers for sale and I'm just trying to keep them happy ::)  by posting what I find out there.

If you think this Spencer Rifle is what you're looking for, go for it, but contact Dave Taylor for more information. 

Maybe, suggest to your "better half" that the difference in $$$ from what you've already saved and what you still need, would make a great pre-Christmas present ::)::)

Two Flints

Una mano lava l'altra
Moderating SSS is a "labor of love"
Viet Vet  '68-69
3/12 - 4th Inf Div
Spencer Shooting Society Moderator
Spencer Shooting Society (SSS) #4;
BOSS #62
NRA; GOAL; SAM; NMLRA
Fur Trade Era - Mountain Man
Traditional Archery

Herbert

To me that is a very good price if the rifling is OK,it seems to be in above avarage condition,you would never loose monye on it ,call it a investment

Trailrider

Can somebody loan me $2,900 until payday. (I'm self-employed, but payday may be indefinite!  ::) )
Ride to the sound of the guns, but watch out for bushwhackers! Godspeed to all in harm's way in the defense of Freedom! God Bless America!

Your obedient servant,
Trailrider,
Bvt. Lt. Col. Commanding,
Southern District
Dept. of the Platte, GAF

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com