Double cross draw

Started by sideshow, November 05, 2011, 03:31:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sideshow

Howdy all, does anyone use a double cross draw shoulder holster or bandolier holster rig?  I have no butt and have a hard time keeping a regular gun holster up. Just does not work for me, but I want to start shooting SASS.  If so how does it work out for you.
Thanks,
Sideshow

Modoc

Sideshow,

A couple of our local shooters have the similar issue with their physiology.  One uses a set of commercial suspenders on his gunbelt while the other one had rings made into his belt and a custom set of suspenders on it to help support it.
Modoc

"He Who Laughs Last, Thinks Fastest"
SUDDS, SCORRS, Retired Warthog, Sometime Gunfighter, and Soot Deliante

Jefro

Quote from: Modoc on November 05, 2011, 05:34:29 PM
Sideshow,

A couple of our local shooters have the similar issue with their physiology.  One uses a set of commercial suspenders on his gunbelt while the other one had rings made into his belt and a custom set of suspenders on it to help support it.
Howdy Sideshow, that's the most common solution, some form of attachment to suspenders. Good Luck :)

Jefro :D Relax-Enjoy
sass # 69420....JEDI GF #104.....NC Soot Lord....CFDA#1362
44-40 takes a back seat to no other caliber

Bugscuffle

Getting the gun out of the holster is such a small fraction of the equasion that I wouldn't worry about it. How much time doe it take to draw? How much time does it take to shoot a stage? You are talking about 1/4 of a second as opposed to half a minute? It may make a difference at the national finals, but for club shooting, why worry about it? Just go out and have some fun. remember it's a game, it's not for real, you wont dieif yoiu loose.
I will no longer respond to the rants of the small minded that want to sling mud rather than discuss in an adult manner.

wildman1

Quote from: Bugscuffle on November 06, 2011, 03:16:23 PM
Getting the gun out of the holster is such a small fraction of the equasion that I wouldn't worry about it. How much time doe it take to draw? How much time does it take to shoot a stage? You are talking about 1/4 of a second as opposed to half a minute? It may make a difference at the national finals, but for club shooting, why worry about it? Just go out and have some fun. remember it's a game, it's not for real, you wont dieif yoiu loose.
BS I think their talkin about tryin ta keep the guns from hittin the deck, comprende? WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Silver Creek Slim

I use two belts. One holster on each belt.

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com