A Visit to Gen. Carranza of the 1910 Mexican Revolution

Started by Luis Chama, November 03, 2011, 10:45:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Luis Chama

For you history enthusiasts and Wild Bunch shooters.  Here are some brief notes on  General Carranza's hometown.

Caleb Hobbs

Cool trip report, Luis, and a very interesting subject. Thanks for sharing.

I've done trips like that (several of them on a motorcycle, too, a CB 750K) to research a time or location. I'd like to explore that country south of Yuma during the same time period as Carranza, but I'm leery of venturing into Mexico anymore, especially since my high school Spanish is rusty enough to lock up.

Shotgun Franklin

I took a M/C trip from San Antonio to Big Bend some years back. I went very near where Carranza met his Maker. It's been long enough ago I'd have to look it up but seems it was inside Big Bend Park.
Yes, I do have more facial hair now.

Caleb Hobbs

Sounds like my mother, and I'm 56. I finally just quit telling her when I do something like that. Your wife sounds like a cool person.

The K model was basically a scaled back Goldwing. I had Shoei bags, a Vetter fairing, luggage rack and backrest. Rode that thing for 20 years -- four to five thousand per year -- and it never let me down. I was researching the metis in North Dakota and Manitoba one year, and came all the way home in one day -- 60 miles short of doing 1,000 in one, but in too much pain by the end of the day to reach that goal. My next project is to research the Yaqui and Mohave Indians in the Yuma area; if I'd been able to get away earlier in the year, I was wanting to do that on a bike, too. Too late now, though. They're calling for snow tomorrow.

northwestgrizzly

"We have enough youth, how about a fountain of smart?"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com