Green River Rangers Company B Oct. Shoot

Started by Tjackstephens, October 29, 2011, 07:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tjackstephens

Great shoot today at the Green River Rangers Company B. Want to thank all that came and all the good help. we had 19 shooters, some from IN. KY. and TN. Johnson County Rangers members and Col. Bishop's Renegades members were there to enjoy the shoot and wonderfull weather. Donald Jones (Linerider) who for years had the fun shoot at The Bluegrass Rangers wrote the stages and they were SUPER. He even feed the group, just like he always did at his shoots. Here at the scores.

SENIOR:   Yak                      241.26                    WORKING COWBOY:     T L Price            195.33
               P I Parker            405.90                                                        Cowhide Cliff     214.79     Clean match
               Kaintuck              430.82                                                         Texas Dan        218.04     Clean match
               Rowdy Rueben     435.00                                                         Sidewinder       238.96

SMOKELESS DUELIST:   Duke Henry   377.99         RANGE DETECTIVE:        Delmar (Dodge Boy) 237.45      Clean match
                                                                                                             Bowiemaker            317.15
BLACKPOWDER SHOOTIST:    George Rogers  225.06   Clean match
                                           Texas Jack       382.77

SMOKELESS SHOOTIST:          Justin Range     232.26                 SIDE MATCH:   Working Cowboy and Town Tamer
                                            Lead Bone        290.09                                      Cowhide Cliff/Yak                     34.07
                                            Little Preacher   352.21                                      Duke Henry/Justin Range          50.12
                                            Smitty              352.21                                      Geore Rogers/Texas Dan           52.87
                                            Linerider           403.14                                      Sidewinder/T L Price                 59.31
                                            Hawkeye          444.03                                       Linerider/Smitty                       71.48
                                                                                                                    Hawkeye/Texas Jack                88.70
                                                                                                                    Bowiemaker/Little Preacher       96.72

Thanks for coming and hope all enjoyed shooting by NCOWS rules. Texas Jack   Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Tjackstephens

Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Cliff Fendley

Thanks for having us, we really enjoyed it. We met some new friends, Linerider had some interesting stages that kept you on your toes.

Side match was a lot of fun too, I'd heard about teaming up the working cowboy and town tamer and it added some fun to round out the day.

Weather was cool but not too bad, just made the hot stew over an open fire that much better, all in all a great day.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

bowiemaker

NCOWS #3405   RATS #612

Tjackstephens

That ole fat cowboy shooting that smoking Marlin rifle, had to. That's right he tried a reload on his 66 with a 45 Colt. went right in the mag, but the chamber is 44/40, so he had to change rifles till he could take the mag tube out of his 66 and let the bullet fall out. That can happen when you shoot a 44/40 rifle and 45 Colt handguns. Just bet it happened to some cowboys years ago, there were no 45 Colt rifles in that day. Would think that many cowboys, lawmen, and outlaws were armed with 45 Colt revolers and a 73 in 44/40. I have read the Texas Rangers traded their 45 Colt revolvers for Colts in 44/40, so they would only have to carry one ammo. Tj

Bowiemaker, Thanks for posting the pictures. Tj

Cliff Fendley

I'm sure it happened a few times, besides that and not having to carry two different ammo is probably the only reason Colt chambered revolvers for the other calibers. I know it's been really convenient this year since I started shooting a 44-40 SAA along with my 73. One ammo and any reload can be off my belt.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Steel Horse Bailey

Looks like y'all had a great shoot, Brother Texas Jack!

I just got an Open Top in 44 Special.  I have decided to mostly shoot 44 Russian in it.  Some of my reasoning was for the authenticity - the 44 Russian chambering is an original chambering, unlike 44 Spl., but also, it's hard to mistake a 44 R for a 45 Colt - which is what all my other guns (Rifles & Revolvers) are chambered in.  Even the 44 Spl. looks a lot like a 45Colt.  Now, just too corn-fuze the issue, I have decided to try some 44 Colt loads.  Also an original caliber.  I know that there's not a lot of difference in the appearance of a loaded 44 Colt and a 44 Spl. so I may be cutting my own throat, but I think not.

Now, all I gotta do is round up a hunnert or two 44 Colt cases to do a proper trial.
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Tjackstephens

Brother Jeff, I even put a black mark across the base of my 44/40's to make sure they get in my rifle. Works real good at the loading table. Not so good in the heat of the battle though. Good luck with your choise. Tj

Tascosa Joe

TJ:
If you can find a copy get "Winchester Warriors" by Bob Alexander.  It is a history of Co D Frontier Bn Texas Rangers.  Has some pretty good stuff about weapons and the why and when.
T-Joe
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Dynamite Bill

whar iz this hear place? kan ya git thar from alabamee?
The main thing to remember,is not to get excited!

Tjackstephens

Bill, I65 runs right through Bowling Green, KY. We are only a few miles out  just off North US231. If you go to the SASS wire and look up KY clubs Green River Gunslingers, it has the directions. The NCOWS shoots are over this year, but the SASS shoots are the second Saturday of the month and they allow working cowboy. We will see about NCOWS shoot next year on the fifth Saturdays. If you are in the area on a second Saturday come and shoot with us. Winter time shoots depend on the weather. Tj

Dynamite Bill

dat dar sum gud info. be seain ya'll 'bout april 2012.
The main thing to remember,is not to get excited!

bowiemaker

Do you have to be a member of SASS to shoot at SASS shoots?
NCOWS #3405   RATS #612

Tjackstephens

Bowiemaker, Only at the bigger shoots, such as Sate, Regional, or National. You can shoot at Green River or West Side SASS shoots and welcome. Both allow working cowboy.  Tj

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com