Rant about stores

Started by Laura M Hayes, October 28, 2011, 08:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Major 2

Here is thought...make your best deal on a standard Finish Blue.
then send it to Fords

Ford's Custom Gun Refinishing
6843 North Citrus Avenue, Unit CC
Crystal River, FL. 34428
Phone: (352) 564-0001
Fax: (352) 564-0005
FFL # 1-59-017-07-8L-04894
when planets align...do the deal !

Delmonico

I'm going to toss this in also since I work at a well know retailer, just not for guns.  If someone special orders something that is not a normal stock item they have to pay the full amount up front.  This is to make sure when the item comes in the customer will pick it up and we won't be stuck with it. 
Mongrel Historian

Always get the water for the coffee upstream from the herd.

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

The time has passed so quick, the years all run together now.

Laura M Hayes

Delmonico,

I understand this.  But the problem with River Junction is they took my money in August and sent me clothes in Nov that were not what I ordered.  Wrong sizes.  I asked for no pockets.  I had pockets.  Etc.  I don't mind paying for quality or for custom, but only when that actually happens. 

Delmonico

Quote from: Laura M Hayes on November 07, 2011, 09:19:08 AM
Delmonico,

I understand this.  But the problem with River Junction is they took my money in August and sent me clothes in Nov that were not what I ordered.  Wrong sizes.  I asked for no pockets.  I had pockets.  Etc.  I don't mind paying for quality or for custom, but only when that actually happens. 

I was talking about the guns where they were ordered and the money taken from your account.  The clothes being delivered and not being what you ordered is another whole can of worms.

The former is just common sense business practice.
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Abilene

But the guns she ordered from Buffalo Arms are standard stock items at Cimarron.  They would not have had to pay Cimarron for them until they shipped.  So Buffalo Arms did not need to charge her for them ahead of time, and should not have a problem giving a refund, IMO.

Delmonico

Quote from: Abilene on November 08, 2011, 10:18:53 AM
But the guns she ordered from Buffalo Arms are standard stock items at Cimarron.  They would not have had to pay Cimarron for them until they shipped.  So Buffalo Arms did not need to charge her for them ahead of time, and should not have a problem giving a refund, IMO.

OK, that changes things.  Folks who don't work in the wholesale/retail industry don't always know how things work. 
Mongrel Historian

Ab Ovo Usque ad Mala

Laura M Hayes

Um.. exactly.  The guns were not custom in any way.   ::)
When I ordered it said- ample stock.  When I talked with Buffalo Arms they said they had 1 and would get another but they did not know when.  To me ample stock means more than 1.   

In an update they did refund my money very quickly.  But next time I order I will check to see if a company has the product in hand before my money is in their hand. 

One-eyed Jack

I second the recommendation for 3B Shooting Supply.  I know Oklahoma Tom and have bought 4 guns from him - he's a great guy.  He's had shoulder sugery and is a little limited right now but give him a call anyway.

One-eyed Jim

Pancho Peacemaker

Laura,

One other thought on your quest for nickel guns:

Have you considered buying a used gun and having it refinished?

I did this with a chinese '97.  I bought it used with lots of wear and scratches to the finish for very cheap.  I sent it off and had it nickled.  There are a number of reputable firearm refinishers out there. 

If you creap around on the SASS Wire, there are always shooters selling used guns for very little money.  I recently bought a pair of Uberti '72 Army grip Open Tops for $500+ shipping.  They showed up in the box, consecutive numbers, and could almost pass for new condition.  Deals like that are out there, you just need to keep you eyes open.
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Cliff Fendley

That doesn't seem quite right on the guns.

On a custom order then I can see it like the clothes but if it was wrong it should have been made right.

On my knives and gun leather I will ask for at least half most of the time depending on the item and if it's an odd enough order in size or design that I think I would never sell it otherwise I'll ask for all up front before I make it. If I'm several months out at the time I'll usually put them on a list and contact them when I get closer for the money to get started on the order. I really don't like getting paid months in advance because when I finally get to the order it feels like I'm working for nothing and I feel rushed then which is never a good thing.
http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Big Joe Abernathy

Just for the record folks.   River Junction got the order from Laura M Hayes  on AUG. 31, 2011 we shipped the order on OCT. 10/19/2011. Laura also advised us on 9/29/2011 that she remeasure and needed to make a change. We say, custom orders usually take 6 weeks. I would say we did pretty GOOD. Laura states she place the order in AUG. and received it in NOV.  That sort of implies it took 3 to 4 months. Not so. At the time the order was placed Laura was also informed that custom alteration orders were not returnable. If we blew it and did put in the pockets the trousers should be exchangeable.     Now I don't know if she did e-mail us about the order. I will follow up on that tomorrow. Now I would call Laura and discuss this but she she did not give us a phone number. She can call and talk directly with me.  My cell # 563-880-4588, My personal e-mail theboss@alpinecom.net

Jim   

Laura M Hayes

Big Joe,
Please just forget it.  I fixed the shirt.  It's passable.  The pants I will sell or donate.  The customer service was horrible.  Only took about a week or more to get responses.  I figured why waste my time trying to play phone tage when I can't even get an email.  The pants don't have pockets, but they were not the correct size either.  So ?

I've moved on.  Ordered from another company and already have the clothes.  I was contacted by Mel someone about not being able to exchange or get a refund and already told him that.   

Thanks.   

Pancho Peacemaker

Just to give another point-of-view:  I've been a customer of River Junction for several years.  I've put a dozen or so orders in to them without any problem . . . including one hat with some customization.  I've never needed to return anything, but I have found their communication and customer service to be very friendly and prompt.

Pancho
NRA - Life
NRA-ILA
TSRA - Life
S&W Collectors Association

"A vote is like a rifle: its usefulness depends upon the character of the user."
-T. Roosevelt (1858 - 1919)

Big Joe Abernathy

Laura
You ordered mens trousers. You gave use a measurement of 32. Mens trousers are sold by waist size and I am certain if you measure them you will see that is what they are. We do not offer ladies trousers for authenticity reasons. They are not returnable due to the custom work of no pockets. We could have easily fixed the shirt. Your e-mail regarding the shirt said if we took the pocket off it would leave holes. Not True, we have done this many times. We just steam the area and the stitch holes disappear. We would like to offer you a 10% discount on your next order. Should you decide to take me up on the discount I have posted it on your customer log. I have reviewed our e-mail customer service back and fourth with you and fine our responses prompt. Sorry this work out as it has. If you give us a chance we will be glad to help you.

Big Joe 

Laura M Hayes

Wow.  Actually I took the pocket off myself to save the trouble and it does leaves small holes aka where the stitching was.  The 32 was actually supposed to be length not size.   

No thank you to the discount.  I've learned my lesson.   ::)
Don't go for flashy ads.  Go for quality. 

Big Joe Abernathy

Laura
You gave us one measurement. 32 how would we know it was not the waist? As for the adds most folks seem to like them and they produce very well for us. To put out adds like we do is very labor intensive, as are the products we make. We get high compliments on both. That said the discount stands if you change your mind.

Big Joe.

Like my friend Fat Buffalo always said:
"Give us 6 fast horses, 2 Winchester rifles and we will ride into hell and put the fire out.    ;)

Laura M Hayes

I'm glad some people had good experieneces with you.  I and several people I heard from did not. 
Lesson learned. 

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com