Front Street -- Dodge City

Started by The Arapaho Kid, August 17, 2005, 12:25:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Arapaho Kid

The Longbranch is there....somewhere!

Silver Creek Slim

Inside the Longbranch Saloon

Slim
NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training
I love the smell of Black Powder in the morning!

Silver Creek Slim

NCOWS 2329, WartHog, SCORRS, SBSS, BHR, GAF, RBCS, Dirty RATS, BTBM, IPSAC, Cosie-in-training

RRio

Cool!

Thanks for posting the pics, Slim!
"I hate rude behavior in a man. I won't tolerate it"  - Capt. Woodrow Call

"Proud citizen of CasCity since 2004." 
NCOWS 2492  SASS 22927   SCORRS     USFACS #28       GAF #267 Dept. of the Platte  AZ        STORM #178

Stump Water

Naw hol' awn just a minut hyar Math-yew.  Some scoundrl's don moved the bar to tha wrong syyde of tha room!

The Arapaho Kid

Uh Ho!....everybody head fer cover....I think there's gonna be some shootin'!  Done looks like Marshal Dillon's got his angry hat on!

Four-Eyed Buck

Boy, for a minute there I thought I saw a dish on the roof of it. Can almost see a mental image of Bat and Wyatt strolling through there. Lot of history on those board walks............Buck 8) ::) :o ;) ;)
I might be slow, but I'm mostly accurate.....

Four-Eyed Buck

Between those two interior shots, I believe somebody did some remodeling. Any dates with those photos???.........Buck 8) ::) ;)

Silver Creek Slim

Quote from: Four-Eyed Buck on August 17, 2005, 03:33:02 PM
Between those two interior shots, I believe somebody did some remodeling. Any dates with those photos???.........Buck 8) ::) ;)
Not where I found them. Sorry.

Slim

Wes Virginian

Kid & Slim, thanks for posting the pictures.

Wes
Texican Rangers, Co. A, Kanawha Valley Regulators, NRA Life-Endowment, SASS Life 40471, NCOWS 2037, GAF, USN '60/'63.

Col. Riddles

Buck, I have to agree with you. Those aren't the same saloon or it was remodeled. Might have been a fire. The original Front street burned in the 20s & wasn't rebuilt.
God answers knee mail † ><>
BOLD
SCORRS
SASS 7462 Life

Four-Eyed Buck

I found a Dodge City web site this evening, Col.. They have a Boot Hill Museum there and have a recreated Front Street there including The Long Branch, or at least a reasonable facsimile. Kinda like a low grade Tombstone..........Buck 8) ::) ;)

Big John Denny

They probably only serve Coke or Pepsi at the "new" Long Branch.
Big John Denny, SASS 64775
US Army Retired
Los Vaqueros
BOLD #661
GOFWG #240
SBSS #1780 (Order of the Golden Bullet)
NMLRA
NRA
"Aim small....Miss small"

Four-Eyed Buck

Bud or sasparilla...........Buck 8) ;)

The Arapaho Kid

Quote from: Four-Eyed Buck on August 17, 2005, 10:59:48 PM
I found a Dodge City web site this evening, Col.. They have a Boot Hill Museum there and have a recreated Front Street there including The Long Branch, or at least a reasonable facsimile. Kinda like a low grade Tombstone..........Buck 8) ::) ;)

Buck....what's that website address?

Four-Eyed Buck

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com