Uncle! Where to look @ store bought NCOWS Guncarts

Started by Itchy Triggerfinger, October 15, 2011, 05:51:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy Triggerfinger

I am not going to make a gun cart or do a good job building one if I did.  I even bought long plow handles and some iron wheels that I am going to sell.

Uncle! Calf Rope!

Help.

Itchy Triggerfinger

Tascosa Joe

I dont believe anyone builds a NCOWS gun cart, as most of us have gone to saddle bags.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

RattlesnakeJack

Depending on how much room you've got to transport it, you might want to consider something like a wooden "goat cart".  these can be located as "antiques, or likely one could locate reproductions being made somewhere.

For example, this one is currently listed on eBay with a starting bid of $75, no bids at all yet and not quite two days to go in the auction -

Mind you, it needs a little repair (not much) and is listed as "pick up only" in New Jersey ..... but still it gives an idea of what I'm talking about.

I made myself a half-scale Red River Cart, and usually carry long guns lashed in an upright position against the side rails .....

Rattlesnake Jack Robson, Scout, Rocky Mountain Rangers, North West Canada, 1885
Major John M. Robson, Royal Scots of Canada, 1883-1901
Sgt. John Robson, Queen's Own Rifles of Canada, 1885
Bvt. Col, Commanding International Dept. and Div.  of Canada, Grand Army of the Frontier

Tjackstephens

Most NCOWS clubs have enough long gun racks that you don't really need a gun cart. However they do come in handy if you have some free time to sit down on. Tj
Texas Jack Stephens:   NRA, NCOWS #2312,  SASS # 12303, Hiram's Ranger #22,  GAF #641, USFA-CSS # 185, BOSS# 174,  Hartford Lodge 675, Johnson County Rangers,  Green River Gunslingers, Col. Bishop's Renegades, Kentucky Col.

Itchy Triggerfinger

Yeah, I have me a white canvas water bucket I use.

Ya know.  I saw those goat carts once when I was looking at wooden wheel barrows which was my original idea.

Thanks guys.

The rest of you keep the suggestions coming.

Shameless

Professor Marvel

Quote from: Tjackstephens on October 15, 2011, 08:43:49 PM
Most NCOWS clubs have enough long gun racks that you don't really need a gun cart. However they do come in handy if you have some free time to sit down on. Tj

Quote from: Itchy Triggerfinger on October 15, 2011, 09:07:26 PM
Yeah, I have me a white canvas water bucket I use.
Shameless

Greetings My Dear Itchy-Shameless !

Doesn't the canvas water bucket collapse when you sit upon it?

yhs
prof marvel
Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

~~~~~Professor Algernon Horatio Ubiquitous Marvel The First~~~~~~
President, CEO, Chairman,  and Chief Bottle Washer of

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Acclaimed By The Crowned Heads of Europe
Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

Offering Unwanted Advice for All Occasions
and
Providing Useless Items to the Gentry
Since 1822
[
Available by Appointment for Lectures on Any Topic

Cherokee Reb

You fill the canvas bucket with water, cover it with a sheet of paper and flip it over while sliding the paper out. Osmotic pressure will will maintain the form of the bucket as long as the gross weight exerted on the top is less than 76.8 KG... Really....I've tested it...honest.... 8)

CR
Member SASS,NCOWS and Knob Creek Regulators

Tascosa Joe

I converted one of those goat carts into a farm wagon looking gun cart.  I bought mine at 1st Monday at Canton back in 94.  It cost $100 then.  The last time I was in Canton which was about 7 years ago, they were up past $300.
NRA Life, TSRA Life, NCOWS  Life

Professor Marvel

Quote from: RattlesnakeJack on October 15, 2011, 08:30:08 PM

I made myself a half-scale Red River Cart, and usually carry long guns lashed in an upright position against the side rails .....

Ah My Dear Jack -
Could you possibly elaborate on the construction of the wheels and huibs? especially WRT what appears to be the rubber bands going around the wheels ... :-)

yhs
prof marvel
Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

Purveyor of Patent Remedies, Snake Oil, Powder, Percussion Caps, Cleaning Supplies, Dry Goods,
and
Picture Postcards

and
Since 1822
[

Mogorilla

Hey Professor,
THat is a rawhide wrap.  The Red River CArts were used by the Metis on the Canadian plains.   I think if you go to the Old Fashioned Way under the history forum, you will find RSJ talking about this (may be in the same thread as my Rawhide PArfelches).   

ChuteTheMall

Quote from: Cherokee Reb on October 16, 2011, 06:40:43 AM
You fill the canvas bucket with water, cover it with a sheet of paper and flip it over while sliding the paper out. Osmotic pressure will will maintain the form of the bucket as long as the gross weight exerted on the top is less than 76.8 KG... Really....I've tested it...honest.... 8)

CR

Iffen it's cold enuff, ya don't even need the paper.

Steel Horse Bailey

Quote from: Cherokee Reb on October 16, 2011, 06:40:43 AM
CR

Right!      ::)   ;)
"May Your Powder always be Dry and Black; Your Smoke always White; and Your Flames Always Light the Way to Eternal Shooting Fulfillment !"

Professor Marvel

Quote from: Mogorilla on October 16, 2011, 03:42:31 PM
Hey Professor,
THat is a rawhide wrap.  The Red River CArts were used by the Metis on the Canadian plains.   I think if you go to the Old Fashioned Way under the history forum, you will find RSJ talking about this (may be in the same thread as my Rawhide PArfelches).   

Thank you my good Mogorilla, I am off to puruse ...

yhs
prof marvel
Your Humble Servant

praeceptor miraculum

Professor Marvel's
Traveling Apothecary
and
Fortune Telling Emporium

and
Picture Postcards

and
Since 1822
[

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com