Any ideas on this tool???

Started by Paladin UK, October 10, 2011, 02:00:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paladin UK

Found another tool in the box of shootin bits, any ideas as to what this is for would be appreciated  ;)

Paladin (What again needs enlightening  ;D ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Old Top

Paladin,

Looks like a broken case extractor, got one similar to that with my trapdoor.

Old Top
I only shoot to support my reloading habit.

St. George

It's a broken case extractor - looks like .30-06 - issued with the M1.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!
"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

Paladin UK

Brill!! Thanks for that pards
The Marking says...

960-0016
ECH/67

Soooo how does it work???

Paladin (What needs to know  ??? ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

JimBob

When you have a case head separation,you insert the tool in the chamber,close bolt on it as if chambering a shell then open the bolt and pull er back as if extracting a fired case.Hopefully it will extract the remains of the casing. ;)

The correct nomenclature for that thing is a headless case extractor.

Paladin UK

Many thanks ...Sooooo finally, what do the markings...

960-0016
ECH/67
   Stand for?

Paladin (Know knows he has a `headless case extractor`  ;D ) UK

Paladins Web Site

St. George

There are a couple of nomenclatures - just as there were several manufacturer's variants.

Headless Cartridge Extractor - Headless Shell Extractor - Ruptured Cartridge Case Ectractor, FSN 4933-652-9950.

The 'ECH' would be the manufacturer's initials, while the '960-0016' would be a segment of the 'Part Number', and is likely the 'NATO' reference number for the Brits.

The US was still issuing the M1919A6 Browning as late as 1970 to the ARVN, though the M60 was in wide distribution by that time, and the BAOR had Brownings as well.

Vaya,

Scouts Out!

"It Wasn't Cowboys and Ponies - It Was Horses and Men.
It Wasn't Schoolboys and Ladies - It Was Cowtowns and Sin..."

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com