Using Cartridge Converters

Started by Itchy Triggerfinger, October 09, 2011, 11:52:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Itchy Triggerfinger

I bought a used R & D converter from a friend for my Rogers and Spencer in 45 Colt (incorrectly called Long Colt I hear).

So I won't get my 44/40 Rifle loads mixed up.  I am thinking I will load .454 round ball on top of black powder and some cream of wheat and crimp the ball at its equator at the top of brass case.  How do guys that do this lube?  Wonder Wad or home made felt wad?

Any tips on doing this would be appreciated.

Could ya shoot working cowboy?  I am thinking take out the cylinder after the first five.  Holster the gun without the cylinder.  Load the cylinder. Replace carefully back in the gun and shoot the remaining five.  Is this okay or am I dreaming?  I don't care about speedy quickness, just safe fun  ;D

Your sorta humble servant,

Itchy Triggerfinger AKA that dastardly Shameless Womanizer, Esquire

Major 2

Working Cowboy... you shoot 5, unless there is reload in WC you just shoot 5.

You are shooting only aganist the others in WC class , they just omit the other 5 targets
of the Four gun classes.

as to you lube , or wads  you can buy lubed wads ( I think Ox Yoke is the brand)
you can also buy syn. lube  Wonder Wads. ( not sure these have enough lube though )
or you could swab some Bore Butter over the balls once loaded.
Just as you may have when shooting C&B

when planets align...do the deal !

wildman1

Or ya can just load reg 45 Colt rnds (Big Lube) and shoot em. WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Itchy Triggerfinger

yep, I was thinking flat nose for my 44/40 and round nose for the 45 Colt loads and color code the bottom of the case.

Shameless

Cliff Fendley

I sometimes shoot 45 colt revolver and my rifles are 44wcf. When doing this I load the revolver from my belt all day and load the rifles out of the box or another pouch so not to get them mixed up. No problem. If there is a reload just remember where to get the round from.

If you shoot a two revolver class you may have to refill the cartridge belt during the day but since I shoot WC I never have to worry about it.

http://www.fendleyknives.com/

NCOWS 3345  RATS 576 NRA Life member

Johnson County Rangers

Itchy Triggerfinger

I think I will color code the base of the brass.

Shameless

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com