Transitions

Started by Camille Eonich, August 14, 2005, 04:50:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Camille Eonich

I just posted a link to this over in another forum but the information is soooo good that I think that I'll post it here too.  ;D

For those that don't know him, Dig 'Em Deep is a top notch shooter and a great person.  He has helped me improve my shooting tremendously!  So from Mule Camp '05's first place men's modern champion here are Dig Deep's 10 Points on Cowboy Shooting.

http://www.kimandbarrymckenzie.com/Dig%20Em%20Deeps%20Hints%20and%20Tricks/DigEms10Points.htm
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

litl rooster

Thanks for sharing that. I wished I read it before I went and practiced this afternoon.
Mathew 5.9

Camille Eonich

Thanks go to Dig Em!   :)
"Extremism is so easy. You've got your position, and that's it. It doesn't take much thought. And when you go far enough to the right you meet the same idiots coming around from the left."
― Clint Eastwood

Book Miser

Thanks to DigEm and thanks to you, Cammie, for sharin' it.

The one possible upside of this expensive gasoline bizness is that it will give me an incentive to stay home and practice some of the non-shooting parts of the sport.

Never have been able to figure how, if I can put twelve rounds outta twenty into one ragged hole at 7 yards, I can clean miss a bigger target at the same distance.

???
Bugler & webmaster for the Jefferson Outlaws
SASS customer # 54876, ROII
PWDFR #119
POOP
...tell it to the chaplain

Derby Younger

Book:

There has never been a target too big or too close to miss.

DY

Book Miser

Well, I learned a lot about shotgun shootin' in CAS last year, before Vermin moved to Tombstone. He'd written a stage that had one shotgun round going into a 2 x 4 foot sheet of cardboard. Same distance as usual for scattergun targets. NOBODY's pattern was much bigger than a man's fist, even all of us that shoot cylinder-bore guns. This was an excellent teaching tool, because so many of us had not realized that at such a close distance, the shot string has not had much of a chance to spread out.

Still, it's frustratin' on a stage that includes stationary clays, when you miss. Figure that with and ounce of #8 shot you are flinging 410 pellets downrange. Not to hit a close-up clay pigeon with even ONE pellet takes real "talent."  :P
Bugler & webmaster for the Jefferson Outlaws
SASS customer # 54876, ROII
PWDFR #119
POOP
...tell it to the chaplain

Big John Denny

Well, I didn't see one comment on transsexuals or transvestites. All I saw was a bunch of stuff on transitions. Oh, I get it now.
Big John Denny, SASS 64775
US Army Retired
Los Vaqueros
BOLD #661
GOFWG #240
SBSS #1780 (Order of the Golden Bullet)
NMLRA
NRA
"Aim small....Miss small"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com