Dallas Stoudenmire Rig (new toy)

Started by Roscoe Coles, September 24, 2011, 12:32:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roscoe Coles

Well, I just finished work on a Dallas Stoudenmire gun.  Its a Mason Richards conversion in 45 bobbed to 2 7/8".  It goes well with my open tops.  According to Leon Metz, its  pretty good copy of what Dallas Stoudenmire carried when he was Marshal of El Paso, Texas.  The bobbed gun is like the one he had on him when he was killed on the streets of El Paso.

I will pick up an 8 inch barrel for this gun as well so I can have the full sized version to play with.  It was a factory 5 1/2", which I just didn't like.

Major 2

I have coveted one of those since I first saw the real deal years ago.
Kept up the hunt for donor gun, for sometime.
In a trade a couple months back I aquired a nice NIB 61 Navy, it won't be 44
but will be gated, bobbed, smithed by the Kirst Co.  :)

when planets align...do the deal !

Raven

Roscoe,

Turned out real nice!........I Like It 8)

Raven

Roscoe Coles

Quote from: Major 2 on September 24, 2011, 04:54:36 AM
I have coveted one of those since I first saw the real deal years ago.
Kept up the hunt for donor gun, for sometime.
In a trade a couple months back I aquired a nice NIB 61 Navy, it won't be 44
but will be gated, bobbed, smithed by the Kirst Co.  :)

I missed a real bobbed Mason Richards  about 15 years ago and still think about it.  This is the next best thing.  Very cool to have seen the original Stoudenmire gun, I have only seen pictures.  Where was it?  Good luck with yours.

Major 2

It was in a private collection ...in Brackettville Tx. in 1985
Happy Shahan Collection
He showed me several Colt's Dragoons, He also had a Co A. marked Walker
and a Gift  73 SSA From John Wayne.

http://www.alamovillagereunion.com/Happy.html

Then about 6 or 7 years ago GOTOW
did an article , as I recall it was a Millington conversion.

Paladin UK

Ho RC.....  :o :o :o :o

Paladin (Whats gonna lay low fer a spell :P ) UK
I Ride with the `Picketts Hill Marshals`..... A mean pistol packin bunch a No goods

The UK`s 1st Warthog!!... Soot Lord, and Profound believer in tha....`Holy Black` 
MASTER... The Sublyme & Holy Order of the Soot (SHOTS)
  BWSS#033  SCORRS  SBSS#836L  STORM#303

Real Cowboys Shoot with BLACK POWDER!!

Paladins Web Site

Paladins Very Own Shotshell Loader This is an animaton so it takes a while fer the 1st page ta go..

Roscoe Coles

Well, if it is, it belongs to the dog; that's his blanket.    Besides, with that fine handgun to look at, a hair is what you notice?    You need to get your priorities straight son. ;D

wildman1

He from the other side of the pond, he DIFFERENT.  :o WM
WARTHOG, Dirty Rat #600, BOLD #1056, CGCS,GCSAA, NMLRA, NRA, AF&AM, CBBRC.  If all that cowboy has ever seen is a stockdam, he ain't gonna believe ya when ya tell him about whales.

Hangtown Frye

Cool rig, Roscoe!  I covet that conversion...  For carry, you might consider a leather-lined pocket (though I don't know if that would pass muster for a SASS shoot).  If nothing else it would be an historically accurate Stoudenmeyer rig.

Again, cool gun!

Cheers!

Gordon

MJN77

Nice belly gun. I have one myself. Love it.

Hangtown Frye

Quote from: Major 2 on September 24, 2011, 10:20:54 AM
It was in a private collection ...in Brackettville Tx. in 1985
Happy Shahan Collection
He showed me several Colt's Dragoons, He also had a Co A. marked Walker
and a Gift  73 SSA From John Wayne.

http://www.alamovillagereunion.com/Happy.html

Then about 6 or 7 years ago GOTOW
did an article , as I recall it was a Millington conversion.

Thanks for posting that link, Roger!  Brings back memories of countless "Alamo" movies we did there!

Cheers!

Gordon

Major 2

Gordon

if you look at my avatar, that's MYSELF in my roll Green B. Jameson  "Alamo The Price of Freedom."
I was the Production Designer for the film. and awarded the casted roll...this is just before I'm killed in the defence of Texas.
I also was there on "Gone to Texas" aka "Houston the Legend"of Texas" & "Bad Girls"

We may have crossed pathes

Hangtown Frye

Quote from: Major 2 on September 26, 2011, 01:06:35 PM
Gordon

if you look at my avatar, that's MYSELF in my roll Green B. Jameson  "Alamo The Price of Freedom."
I was the Production Designer for the film. and awarded the casted roll...this is just before I'm killed in the defence of Texas.
I also was there on "Gone to Texas" aka "Houston the Legend"of Texas" & "Bad Girls"

We may have crossed pathes

Roger;

We did.  I portrayed Sgt. Major Hiram Williamson of the Alamo garrison, as well as a Mexican officer and sergeant (I brought the bunch of Mexican guys out from California, and we portrayed the Grenadier Company).  And on the Houston film I bought a repop 1840 Dragoon sabre from you.   ;)  Oh, and we also crossed paths on Rambo III, if I recall correctly.  I was riding with Karl Luthin's bunch at the time.

Cheers!

Gordon

Major 2

I remember you !  Gordon ....

Those were some times ....  Building the Alamo, then the filming just great...a labor of love... did you go the big 25 th. reunion of the shoot ?

Karl, Ray Herbeck  and I have teamed many more times.....  

on sad note... I guess you heard about Ray Giron  :'(

Sorry Rosco, for the highjack     :-\

Gordon we should go to PM's

Roscoe Coles

Heck, no worries,  Gordon is one of my oldest friends.   I was laughing because I had a speaking part in Bad Girls out on the Back to the Future set in California before production was closed down and moved to Texas.  I tell you, that is one film I am glad that I am not in! 

Hangtown Frye

Heh... we could go on and on about all the dumb stuff we did on film sets I'm sure!  Some of it was even our own idea... ;)  Plenty of good times though, with lots of cool folks.  Too bad they moved all of the good horse-flicks off to Canada, New Zealand and Czech Republic.  Oh well...

Back to big-bore hide-out rigs!

Cheers!

Gordon

Major 2

Gordon ... I believe you are in this photo far left

Hangtown Frye

That would be me!  Tall guy with a grey hat, in a sky-blue Infantry shell jacket.

That was a while ago my friend  I still had hair back then!   ;D

Cheers!

Gordon

Major 2

tell me about it.....  ::)

that's me standing second from right, front row next to "HIS Shortness"

I still see Steve, once in a while last time was at St. Augustine in 2010.

Ray Giron second row 1 passed away back in January  :( 

Major 2

Another...between Casey Biggs & Don Swayze ...That's Mikey Boyd partly blocking

This was one of the show card photos

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
© 1995 - 2024 CAScity.com